Christian Benteke

Kwan

He was used the same way last year.  He is playing shit and its all down to him, his touch is terrible and his decision making is worse. 

Absolutely 100% untrue. We rarely used him as nothing more than a pole there to flick the ball on last year. Go back and watch his goals assists and see for yourself

Lambert has dragged him down to his level

Big regret that we have such a quality player and we've wasted him.

I've no doubt he will go onto bigger and better things in world football.

What top team would go near him with a barge pole after the past few months? Everything about his game has been horrific but people just blame the manager, our other players and whatever else. He has to take the blame too hes been absolutely shocking and nobody should be making excuses for him.

The way i see it is he's either a one season wonder or he is the player we saw last season but has absolutely no intention or desire to play for us and is playing like shit because of it but then the latter would make no sense because you'd never go to the world cup or get a move playing like he has been.

• Like 1

He was terrible against Newcastle.

The workrate of Gabby and Weimann completely showed Benteke up but, given he didn't offer us this, he could've at least done something with the ball.  Even with the ball being lumped up to him, his headers were aimless and his touch was poor.  Coloccini had about as easy a game as he could hope for.

It's amazing seeing him play like this compared to the end of last season/start of this - like he's lost interest or something.

The tactics/manager/other players aren't entirely to blame for his poor performances. It's nobody's fault but his own when he is failing to control the ball, playing wayward passes, making the wrong decisions, dawdling on the ball, and plodding around in a disinterested manner.

That angry thigh slap thing he does is becoming irksome; as are those silly attempts at flicking the ball around a defender so he can run onto it - it never works because he has all the acceleration of a fat bird on a tricycle.

He frustrates me so much because we know what he IS capable of.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

He won 21 balls in the air Sunday and yet we created nothing from them.

The reason , he hit the ball from too far away and too central.Look at West Ham with Carroll they hit the ball in from wide from wingers Carroll knows ball down for Nolan running in from deep.It's a simple yet effective tactic that somehow we can't manage to do.

Benteke isn't playing too well but he rarely gets the ball deep to head down to dangerous positions or to feet.Another example Spurs look at how they use Adebayour ,sure they go long sometimes but generally they hit it to feet for him to hold up and bring others into play.

You have a player who wins 21 aerial duels and yet I can't remember a single decent cross into box yesterday for him to head on goal. 

• Like 1

There were no crosses, but none of the 21 aerial duels he won were passed/flicked on to a team mate. It was aimless garbage.

Wow, yeah let's moan at him because he didn't win a header and direct it straight to a player. Its also up to others to try and read, anticipate and support him while he does this.

He's a quality player that looks devoid of confidence. And I'm not surprised, stats show are football is one of the worst in the league so what players are going to flourish under this style?

Look at the Cardiff game, still manages to create a great chance for gabby after a poor game.

The guy can't probably wait to get out of here and who can blame him?

I don't get this we didn't create anything nonsense and we just hoof it up to him, we did that last year. On Sunday his touch was abysmal, he just seemed totally uninterested in the game, similar with the other two. Compare our strikers to Remy who was a constant menace, who wanted the ball was making moves, not just standing in a static position.

• Like 3

He was crap, not because of shit tactics, but because he just doesn't care anymore. Simple as that imo.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when the game finished, Benteke instantly walked off the pitch and down the tunnel whilst the rest of the team "faced the music" so to speak and clapped the crowd and shook hands with the Newcastle players. He may have been gutted we lost, but I doubt he was anymore gutted than the rest of the team that he didn't have time for the thousands of fans who travelled up to Newcastle for the game.

Also, he was lazy on Sunday. Plenty of times he got played into similar positions to when he treated Smalling like a paper bag, and he just sort of jogged there and did nothing. Not forgetting how he butchered a 3v2 with a lazy pass straight at Williamson. He was lazy and obviously doesn't care anymore.

He's gone, mentally, and he's just waiting until he gets a move in the summer, which with his current form, he's gonna be very surprised when he doesn't get it.

Wow, yeah let's moan at him because he didn't win a header and direct it straight to a player. Its also up to others to try and read, anticipate and support him while he does this.

And yet Bennett was solely blamed for the goal for doing the same thing despite Bacuna and Vlaar's awful defending?

I think he's on the beach in Brasil already and is petrified of getting injured as he knows that's his shop window to get his big move... He's playing like he doesn't want to risk an injury in my opinion and it's dragging the rest of the team down. He is our best attacking player and he's frankly been poor.

As for Weimann :/

Benteke has been poor all season compared to last season on so many levels.

He goes to ground far too quickly now where as last season players would simple run into him and land on there arses as he was a beast and untouchable!

The player has simply gave up on us, does not want to be here because the dummy is still out the pram from not being able to get his own way and leave last year!

For me the comments about playing for Arsenal will never leave me and it is obvious he just see's us a stepping stone! - and I agree, we have missed the boat on this one. Although as hypocritical as it may be I did not want him sold (but in the back of my mind history taught me - don't keep a player at a club he wants away) and at the time you can bet your life there would have been uproar had we sold him for 30m+ to a top 4 rival..

How 12 months on and you would now snap the hands off someone offering 30m+ for him! But that's Irony for you.

You just have to watch last seasons games compared to this, the man just does not give a toss about this club anymore and his heart is not in it.

Thinking he can pull a stupid grimaced face when he sky's the ball into oblivion like he actually tried! from what I have seen this season it's time to move him on.

It has nothing to do with Lambert how Benteke has been poor when the player himself is not even interested.

He can't exactly drop him to the bench for the majority of the season as that will just ruin his value even more so Lambert has had no choice but to stick with him

in a hope he decides to start banging in atleast 10 goals from now till May in a hope it's enough recognition to make teams come in and buy him.

For me I would like to see and believe Benteke will be sold in the summer, and I will stand by this comment even if he banged in 12-15 goals between now and May, sorry but it's too late. He has been utter shite all season, is disinterested and will only be doing any late surge of goals - not for helping Villa, but to make himself look good for the window & the world cup! .

He is like a GF who has cheated.. you can beg her to stay and crave for her to be how she first was... but she will always be wanting away and only lead you to more further misery sticking with her..   GET RID!!.

• Like 1

Â