Christian Benteke

Kwan

Think £25-30m will be enough to price him away unless he goes on an insane scoring streak during december.

If Tottenham is involved im sure there will be a player + money deal

I'd like to think that we've learnt our lesson when it comes to those.

So do I, but I have zero confidence in how this club is run.

• Like 1

I do feel for Benteke in a way, It must be horrendous wanting to play with your feet in this team, but the only way we can get the ball to him is up in the air. I very much doubt Benteke enjoys that role to be honest. It's just effective when it works. 

I think a bid of around £30m would be accepted to be honest.

Probably less, he will be in the bomb squad if his contribution doesn't improve, especially the wages he is now on.

I do feel for Benteke in a way, It must be horrendous wanting to play with your feet in this team, but the only way we can get the ball to him is up in the air. 

No offense but Benteke has been the biggest culprit in losing possession and wasting chances when passed to.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 2

Why would Arsenal or Spurs or Dortmund, or any other club for that matter, make a bid for him right now on current form? Spurs shied away over the summer probably partly due to the fear he might be a one-season wonder, he certainly looks it at the moment. He was a passenger on Saturday, it was like playing with 10 men. I don't know if it's that he's not 100% fit, or if it's a confidence problem (maybe he's worried about re-injuring himself?), or if he just can't be bothered. Whatever it is, I hope Lambert sits him down and sorts it out quickly. 

I'm not convinced another club will pay what we want. I don't think we will get above 20 mill. for him

I have seen some really good forwards at Villa over the years ....I don't think I've seen one of the better ones with a form drop so low.

I never in my wildest dreams thought he was capable of playing as bad as he did on Saturday, wanted him to come off to save his own embarrassment.

I must admit I'm shocked at the magnitude of the drop.

Ps The only thing I would say is I don't believe he is not trying, I just don't know what is wrong.....but if ever he needs support, its now.

Edited by TRO

I'm not convinced another club will pay what we want. I don't think we will get above 20 mill. for him

I have seen some really good forwards at Villa over the years ....I don't think I've seen one of the better ones with a form drop so low.

I never in my wildest dreams thought he was capable of playing as bad as he did on Saturday, wanted him to come off to save his own embarrassment.

I must admit I'm shocked at the magnitude of the drop.

Ps The only thing I would say is I don't believe he is not trying, I just don't know what is wrong.....but if ever he needs support, its now.

TRO, if another club doesn't pay us what we want for any player the player doesn't get sold.  It's simple.  

I personally still think hes carrying an injury he just doesnt seem to have the same movement or leap. And didnt he play the end of last season with a groin injury so its not like he hasnt played injured before

Think £25-30m will be enough to price him away unless he goes on an insane scoring streak during december.

If Tottenham is involved im sure there will be a player + money deal

I'd like to think that we've learnt our lesson when it comes to those.

What if holtby or the greatest player in the history of the world was involved?

Â