Christian Benteke

Kwan

I kind of want him to not do too well and have some of the slack picked up by the rest of the team.

If the rest of the team contribute more and he doesn't stand out so much we might have a better chance of keeping him as part of the side for a while longer whilst the rest of the squad develops.

rg others need to help benteke out with the goals so tehre isnt so much pressure on him when he doesnt perform, i like the way the media are already saying he has had "dip in form" that was his first start against west ham ffs since coming back

He is having a tougher time of it this season so far than last season.

I can see why teams were reluctant to run in with massive offers for him in the summer.

If he struggles to get back to last seasons form we may well be able to hang on to him for another 12 months.

Four goals in four games before getting injured...

Agreed and he could easily have scored in the Liverpool game but Mingolet made two brilliant saves.

People forget he wasn't making a huge impact in a lot of our games in the run in last season (QPR and Stoke) but still scored the winning goals so sign of a good striker.

Everyone I speak to thinks that RVP, Remy, Lukaku, Giroud, Suarez, Aguero and Sturridge will all score more than him.

I want to take this literally. You'd be going insane. You'd lock yourself away from people just for the want of having any other conversation.

'Leave me alone! I don't care who scores more! Why do you all have to list every single name!?' 

• Like 1

I kind of want him to not do too well and have some of the slack picked up by the rest of the team.

If the rest of the team contribute more and he doesn't stand out so much we might have a better chance of keeping him as part of the side for a while longer whilst the rest of the squad develops.

Same - there is a danger in getting too comfortable with relying on one player.

How many goals do you think Benteke will score this season?

Everyone I speak to thinks that RVP, Remy, Lukaku, Giroud, Suarez, Aguero and Sturridge will all score more than him.

All of these apart from remy will score more than him.

How many goals do you think Benteke will score this season?

Add to the fact that Benteke plays for a crappier team and has been injured, as well as the added pressure on him from last season. However, he started extremely brightly with goals against top opposition and will carry on from that once he is 100%. Could/should have scored against Spurs with that header (even though he leaped as high as he could to control it!) and the missed penalty against Everton, this guy is clearly getting a chance every game.

Loic Remy will never score more than him, and Lukaku will end up around him like he did last season - but the rest will probably outscore him. Giroud is the only striker in a very good and attacking team, RVP, Agüero and Suarez are world-class and Sturridge has 7 already I think.

I guess it's going to be RVP and Suarez fighting for the golden boot with around 25 goals, then Agüero at around 18-24 and then whoever feels like scoring a lot of goals after that. Sturridge will obviously lose some opportunities due to Suarez and their squad isn't big enough for them to do this well for 38 games. Add Rooney to the list by the way, he is capable of scoring 20+, he has scored 26 and 27 goals in two of the last four seasons when he is fit. I think United will come good around Christmas and excel from there, although Moyes' Everton tactics are clearly showing, I don't think he knows he is managing another team yet :P

Benteke will end up on 20 goals this season, it would have been more if he didn't get injured when he did... obviously.

Â