Christian Benteke

Kwan

So challenging for a ball and not winning it is now creating a goal?

If it's an intentional dummy I could agree but it's not.

And the whole remove him from the equation thing is ridiculous. Next time we score from a corner are we going to credit the 3 or 4 players standing in the box with creating the goal?

I wonder how much credit bent or Heskey would have got for the same thing.

Maybe it's the wording but I just can't agree that he made the winner.

He challenged, like he should have done, and that caused problems but he didn't create anything.

I still don!'to see how anyone can claim he set up a goal in that game.

I'm stunned by this, how on earth you can say that baffles me. As above if he does'nt go for the ball the defenders win the ball. Simple.
His challenge and run helped.

But it's not an assist or something that can be credited with creating the goal IMO.

You're totally deluded mate, I'm sorry the corner comparison is bat shit and has nothing to do with this goal. There were 4 players involved, if Kozak doesn't jump and kick his leg out to try and get to the ball then Kompany heads it clear with no chance of Weimann getting to it.

It isn't an assist but without kozak it isn't a goal. It's so obvious I can only think you are trolling.

Villa.gif

You've agreed with me so how am I trolling?

Kozak meant to flick it on but missed it. Not sure he should be getting lots of credit for something he didn't mean to do.

He is getting credit not for the flick, rather how he made the Citeh defenders focus on him rather than the ball which allowed the ball to go on through to Weimann. Without Kozak there, those defenders easily clear the ball.

Kozak meant to flick it on but missed it. Not sure he should be getting lots of credit for something he didn't mean to do.

He is getting credit not for the flick, rather how he made the Citeh defenders focus on him rather than the ball which allowed the ball to go on through to Weimann. Without Kozak there, those defenders easily clear the ball.

In all fairness any centre forward would have done that.

• Like 1

In all fairness any centre forward would have done that.

Exactly. It is like giving Guzan special praise for being positioned between the sticks.

• Like 1

i hope he gets 20-30 minutes on the pitch at the end of the game, even if hes fully fit, dont want a too much too soon scenario! dont know much about hip injuries but it doesnt sound like something you want dragging on through the season

Missed an open header...should have hit target and it would have been 1-1... Spurs were not better than Villa today, they just scored two lucky goals.

Only Benteke could have managed to get anywhere near that cross & it was a pretty good leap considering he hasn't played competitively for almost a month. I'm pretty sure a 100% match fit beast would normally have buried that one in his sleep.

At least we carried a threat with him on the pitch.

Welcome back beast, your club needs you & you will make the ultimate difference to our overall fortune.

• Like 1

Missed an open header...should have hit target and it would have been 1-1... Spurs were not better than Villa today, they just scored two lucky goals.

Only Benteke could have managed to get anywhere near that cross & it was a pretty good leap considering he hasn't played competitively for almost a month. I'm pretty sure a 100% match fit beast would normally have buried that one in his sleep.

At least we carried a threat with him on the pitch.

Welcome back beast, your club needs you & you will make the ultimate difference to our overall fortune.

Just saying that Villa were very close to getting something out of the game. Match fit or not, open header should be goal.

Â