Christian Benteke

Kwan

When was the last time we actually won under Phil Dowd?

Against Bolton 2011 away.

Since that he's been in charge Arsenal where we lost 3-0, drew with Norwich, 8-0 loss to Chelsea and drew with Fulham at home.

No doubt Dowd is a joke, but im guessing our record from the last couple of seasons is pretty much the same regardless of who the ref was. Mostly losses and draws with the odd win thrown in.

In our last 83 PL games we've won 20...  Pleasingly enough 3 of those wins have come this season

& made the winner against Man City.

I've read this twice.

Kozak did not touch the ball for the winner against city.

So a player has to touch the ball to be involved? Did he just stay on the ground while Kompany went up by himself? Perhaps 'made the winner' is too strong, but without Kozak's challenge in the air, the ball doesn't run through to Andi.

I've read he made the goal and someone else credited him with an assist for the winner.

I never said he didn't help but he didn't touch the ball. You've even agreed it's too strong.

Kozak didn't do anything for the winner against City, Guzan's long-ball was missed by everyone, Hart wandering into no-man's land and was subsequently at blame for Weimann's easy finish. Read, have you even watched the highlights of the match, if you weren't able to attend  :huh: Benteke should start no doubt on Sunday, Kozak hasn't done badly, but he isn't no Benteke is he now.

Edited by Avflife

& made the winner against Man City.

I've read this twice.

Kozak did not touch the ball for the winner against city.

So a player has to touch the ball to be involved? Did he just stay on the ground while Kompany went up by himself? Perhaps 'made the winner' is too strong, but without Kozak's challenge in the air, the ball doesn't run through to Andi.

I've read he made the goal and someone else credited him with an assist for the winner.

I never said he didn't help but he didn't touch the ball. You've even agreed it's too strong.

Kozak didn't do anything for the winner against City, Guzan's long-ball was missed by everyone, Hart wandering into no-man's land and was subsequently at blame for Weimann's easy finish. Read, have you even watched the highlights of the match, if you weren't able to attend  :huh: Benteke should start no doubt on Sunday, Kozak hasn't done badly, but he isn't no Benteke is he now.

Didn't do anything is a bit harsh, granted he never got a touch, but he caused the confusion between two defenders, when Guzan launched the ball Kozak and Nastacic are heading away, he then reads the ball before Nastacic, Kompany then is in no mans land as he doesn't know whether to follow Kozak or stay with Weimann. If he never judged the flight of the ball before Nastacic that goal would never have happened.Gary Neville did analysis of it on the MNF and stated the same.

Against Bolton 2011 away.

Since that he's been in charge Arsenal where we lost 3-0, drew with Norwich, 8-0 loss to Chelsea and drew with Fulham at home.

That Delph own goal was a sickener, though we might be doomed at that stage. Fulham didn't even have a shot on target.

If he hadn't been where he was, one of the Citeh defenders would've been able to track the trajectory of the ball and easily intercept it. Kozak made the winner by being there and by completely fooling the defenders. It worked like a dummy and it was essential to getting the ball past them to Weimann.

• Like 1

What you need to think about is 'if Kozak wasn't there, would the ball have got through to Weimann?'

It's not as simplistic as 'he got a touch so he made the goal' or 'he didn't get a touch so he didn't do anything'. Football rarely is that simple.

Maybe it's the wording but I just can't agree that he made the winner.

He challenged, like he should have done, and that caused problems but he didn't create anything.

I still don!'to see how anyone can claim he set up a goal in that game.

I'm stunned by this, how on earth you can say that baffles me. As above if he does'nt go for the ball the defenders win the ball. Simple.

What you need to think about is 'if Kozak wasn't there, would the ball have got through to Weimann?'

That's exactly it. Watch the through ball and remove Kozak from the equation and tell me neither defender would've simply intercepted the ball.

So challenging for a ball and not winning it is now creating a goal?

If it's an intentional dummy I could agree but it's not.

And the whole remove him from the equation thing is ridiculous. Next time we score from a corner are we going to credit the 3 or 4 players standing in the box with creating the goal?

I wonder how much credit bent or Heskey would have got for the same thing.

He challenged, like he should have done, and that caused problems but he didn't create anything.

I'm stunned by this, how on earth you can say that baffles me. As above if he does'nt go for the ball the defenders win the ball. Simple.

His challenge and run helped.

But it's not an assist or something that can be credited with creating the goal IMO.

So challenging for a ball and not winning it is now creating a goal?

If it's an intentional dummy I could agree but it's not.

And the whole remove him from the equation thing is ridiculous. Next time we score from a corner are we going to credit the 3 or 4 players standing in the box with creating the goal?

I wonder how much credit bent or Heskey would have got for the same thing.

His challenge and run helped.

But it's not an assist or something that can be credited with creating the goal IMO.

You're totally deluded mate, I'm sorry the corner comparison is bat shit and has nothing to do with this goal. There were 4 players involved, if Kozak doesn't jump and kick his leg out to try and get to the ball then Kompany heads it clear with no chance of Weimann getting to it.

It isn't an assist but without kozak it isn't a goal. It's so obvious I can only think you are trolling.

Villa.gif

Edited by villan_007

The best view of the goal is when Gary Neville showed Kozak's original run, he took Nastacic one way and then read the flight of the ball and the rest as we say is history.

Forgot that also, when Neville gets the videos out then the proof is solid.

Â