Christian Benteke

Kwan

Didn't HH know that we wouldn't spend much in January as well?

I'm pretty sure he said we would not spend anything. Not one player. (then we signed Sylla lolzzz11)

What did HH say?

ye was he iKT? on the bentekee deal

He came on here about an hour before the press release saying that we would have some good news to drink to tonight. He'd obviously got some inside info on that one. 

What did HH say?

He came on here about an hour before the press release saying that we would have some good news to drink to tonight. He'd obviously got some inside info on that one. 

and drink i did  :cheers:  lolololololol

What did HH say?

By a couple of hours yes.

Though he has been wrong in the past, as in January.

HH has known allot in the past. If he mentions anything it isnt far off the mark

Well, I thought he was gone and as such gave him a bit of a slating.

However, I am enjoying a MASSIVE slice of humble pie and can't wait for next season to start with him leading our attack again.

Maybe coming back to the club, seeing his 'teammates', speaking to Lambert etc... made him realize what a silly thing handing in a request was. No doubt the contract involves a hefty wage rise but when you come along and rattle in a load of goals, then it's well deserved.

Brilliant news, add that to the 6 other players who have extended their contracts and the new signings and I'd say Lambert more than knows where he is trying to take this team. Would love him to destroy Liverpool in our first home game, got a feeling VP is going to be rammed.

UTV!!

• Like 1

What did HH say?

By a couple of hours yes.

Though he has been wrong in the past, as in January.

HH has known allot in the past. If he mentions anything it isnt far off the mark

I know, I wasn't disagreeing. 

I don't think Spur ever bid for him. Lad probably knew what Bent was on and what they were offering for improved wages wasn't close.

Now as I remember it this whole Benteke malarky rudely interrupted JulieB's Kiyotake unveiling. I assume this can go ahead now

So very happy. I still don't like that he handed a transfer request in.

But ah well, lets put it behind us for the next 12 months and support the lad. Big players do this all the time. Modric and Rooney two big recent examples. Quality players. Lets hope we can keep him for a long time or get £40m next summer.

Watching Smalling bounce off CB was one of my highlights of last season.  Makes me happy every time I see it.

Weren't you concerned about Smalling's well being? The guy went in to spasm* for Christ's sake!

No nor me.

*Until he realised the ref wasn't buying it.

Â