Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'm glad he turned up for training today.  I still don't understand why he put the transfer request in, even if he wanted to leave.  I still hold on to the hope that he'll sign a contract with a decent release clause in it for both parties once he realises nobody is ready to take the risk on him yet.

I think he's been horrendously advised by putting in a transfer request without a bid in place.

• Like 2

The other good positive today is that there appears to be no ructions or disruptions from Benteke's return to full training.

Transfer Request  aside it's business as usual & until a bid emerges let's hope it stays that way.

If no bid emerges then better still.

• Like 1

I'm glad he turned up for training today.  I still don't understand why he put the transfer request in, even if he wanted to leave.  I still hold on to the hope that he'll sign a contract with a decent release clause in it for both parties once he realises nobody is ready to take the risk on him yet.

He was probably advised by the club that tampered with him and his agent to help smooth the move along. He gets a portion of the transfer fee when there's no transfer request as far as I'm aware so that means the price of him without a transfer request will probably be higher thus making him harder to sign. Honestly if I was him I'd be pissed at Spurs not even putting in a bid for him by now. I think he probably feels that way at the very least. There's a chance him and his agent can come out looking like complete muppets.

Apparently not.

If everything falls through I'd say they look pretty foolish.

I think he's been horrendously advised by putting in a transfer request without a bid in place.

thats where i am too, the fact spurs have not made a bid, nor even an approach has got to be playing on his mind. if they did "tap" him up by getting in his ear saying we`ll give you x amount of £££££, start every week but we need you to force a move, when you do we will make a bid.

as i said last week, this has the potential to become a very messy situation now, returning to training may have cooled his appetite to move, who knows. id put money on him still being here in august. 

thats where i am too, the fact spurs have not made a bid, nor even an approach has got to be playing on his mind. if they did "tap" him up by getting in his ear saying we`ll give you x amount of £££££, start every week but we need you to force a move, when you do we will make a bid.

as i said last week, this has the potential to become a very messy situation now, returning to training may have cooled his appetite to move, who knows. id put money on him still being here in august.

I think he put the request in to ease the sale through (ie make it cheaper for Spurs to sign him)

I'm quite pleased that Spurs haven't put a bid in yet but still feel theres a long way to go in all of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aDkaZjGlis&feature=youtu.be

A few Villa fans talking to him through his car window. There's  a Spurs fan there as well for some reason.

Edited by adz.villa
  • Like 1

to be fair to the bloke, as much as he's pissed me off this last week or so at least he's not hiding away

i've no doubt he'll be off, but there's still 1% of me that's clinging onto the hope he'll sign a new deal and stay another year. every bit of logic says that after next years wold cup he could have his pick of the really BIG clubs. and i doubt any of us would begrudge him a move then

if he moves to Spuds now, helps them secure another Europa spot next year he's going to look incredibly bad trying to force through a move to a bigger club again next summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aDkaZjGlis&feature=youtu.be

A few Villa fans talking to him through his car window. There's  a Spurs fan there as well for some reason.

I think that video sort of shows us he has no idea about English. But when he saw the Spurs fan (who by the sound of it had a Spurs item) his face lit up!

I don't think the lads talking had any idea about English either.

B0llocks. Sylla clearly reads VT, must've got annoyed with everybody laughing at him in the back seat and somehow bought a big arse Merc and passed his driving test within 2 days of getting back from Germany.

Also explains him retweeting mean things about Christian, now who's the driver eh Chris?!

Lets just hope he turns up on time tomorrow, if its right that he was late today he could be being awkward rather than just straight out striking.

The sooner his agent goes home the better, wish he wasn't a EU citizen perhaps we could have deported him........ 

The photo with the kid gives me an idea. Every local Villa kid supporter should be taught to say in their best Oliver Twist voice "please stay benteke. Don't leave me." Cue slight tears. Several dozen repetitions should work. We may not have CL but we do have cute kids. Low-maybe.

The photo with the kid gives me an idea. Every local Villa kid supporter should be taught to say in their best Oliver Twist voice "please stay benteke. Don't leave me." Cue slight tears. Several dozen repetitions should work. We may not have CL but we do have cute kids. Low-maybe.

He cant buy a new car with children's tears though.

Edited by Daniel

Neither do Spurs.

• Like 1

This was just posted on twitter... Agent in the background...

Chris Houten ‏@mrhouts 14m

@CurtisUTV @j30rne just meet Benteke in Sutton pic.twitter.com/g9i5a1OtLK

BPd7-fRCYAAe_P8.jpg

Is the agent the bloke shaking hands on a transfer to Cafe Nero?

yea he is the fat sweaty **** on the background why can't we assasin the agent?

• Like 1

View photo

BPd7-fRCYAAe_P8.jpg

Apologies for ignorance but is this off a villa fan and does he mean Sutton Coldfield or Sutton? As one is villa territory and the other is more spuds land??

View photo

BPd7-fRCYAAe_P8.jpg

Apologies for ignorance but is this off a villa fan and does he mean Sutton Coldfield or Sutton? As one is villa territory and the other is more spuds land??

That's definitely Sutton Coldfield.

its funny Benteke has no clue of english he only knows yes no and maybe xD

He can speak a bit, I remember Sky Sports getting him in his car the day he signed.  He said something like "I scored for Belgium and now I want to do that to Aston Villa"

Â