Christian Benteke

Kwan

Not happy with all this now. I'm sick of us being pushed around by players and having our plans disrupted every season by kn*bheads like Benteke.

I just wish one these teams will grow up, pay the price they've been quoted and then Benteke can **** off out of Villa and into our history books as "that Belgian player that had a good season one time"

If you factor in 20k pw the annual salary is around 1 mill, making the cost of Benteke's 3 year contract 3 mill altogether. That's the cost for Villa, and no-one else.

If Spurs had to pay him 60k pw, the annual cost would be around 3 mill, which is 9 mill in 3 years.

That's a 6 mill difference, which is pretty close to the difference between Villa and Spurs being thrown around (25 and 18 mill). Is this a coincidence?

So, in essence, they want us to pay his salary?

I guess so. My point was that there really is two different valuations to a player because no other team can have the contract we have in place with Benteke. The difference is not in reality as large as I said in my calculation since we would pay him more than 20k pw if he stayed. But there is a difference in value.

100k a week to a player with one good season under his belt, no wonder the game has gone barmy. I'd offer 50k and if he proves himself again next year then talk about 100k or there abouts.

tbh if u look at the facts at tottenham

he would there be the 1st striker (since defoe and aby are going away)

he would play with at least 2 national teamplayers(possibly 3)

he would get a reasonable salary that fits his worth

he would play in europe  league

he would be in his favourite league

tbh it would be a pretty logical step

Good for Benteke not Aston Villa.

and, as such, who gives a monkeys... Unless he pulls on a Villa shirt and does the business for us, I really couldn't give an airborne primate what is in his best interests, or indeed the best interests of any player who believes we are a stepping stone and has designs on leaving our side

• Like 2

If you factor in 20k pw the annual salary is around 1 mill, making the cost of Benteke's 3 year contract 3 mill altogether. That's the cost for Villa, and no-one else.

If Spurs had to pay him 60k pw, the annual cost would be around 3 mill, which is 9 mill in 3 years.

That's a 6 mill difference, which is pretty close to the difference between Villa and Spurs being thrown around (25 and 18 mill). Is this a coincidence?

So, in essence, they want us to pay his salary?

I guess so. My point was that there really is two different valuations to a player because no other team can have the contract we have in place with Benteke. The difference is not in reality as large as I said in my calculation since we would pay him more than 20k pw if he stayed. But there is a difference in value.

It has nothing to do with it. They pay what the player is worth, and when they have the player they pay the wages on top. If it is the way you're making out then it is as if Tottenham are expecting us to pay half his wages for them, in which case they can **** off. 

Maybe Spurs's logic really is that backwards.

Edited by praisedmambo

100k a week to a player with one good season under his belt, no wonder the game has gone barmy. I'd offer 50k and if he proves himself again next year then talk about 100k or there abouts.

I would offer him the same wage rise as Westwood, Guzan and the others received based on last season.

Obviously there are other factors involved. Like future expectations, which could differ substantionally. Our contract could be the reason why it's so difficult for Villa and Spurs to agree on a price though.

Edit: re praisedmambo

Edited by AVTuco

Or what would happen if we offered him £100k p/w this year, and then he has a dreadful season, scoring 6 goals and then being injured for half of it?

Do we say "Christian, we would now like to offer you a new contract with a wage reduction. Here's our offer.... £50k p/w.. Ayy? Ayy?"

The talks of him being offered £100k are pretty crazy, imo.

I agree that 100K per week for one good (albeit very good) season is absolutely ridiculous. Given our status and his performances I think 60K would be more than good enough for him and that could then include some performance related clauses (higher wage if he scores x many goals etc).

There are probably some clubs who are willing to pay him better wages and if that's the case and they give us what we want then he can go. We are bigger than one player.

• Like 1

so by that logic, asking for 25m for a player with one good season under his belt is also barmy. correct ?

Pretty sad really when you think more about this and how Benteke has had one good season and he thinks he's better than Aston Villa.

I think his antics at Genk sounded alarm bells for some here so we should have expected it really, I'm sure Lambert has learned from this in regard to future purchases.

so by that logic, asking for 25m for a player with one good season under his belt is also barmy. correct ?

Well we payed 7m pounds for him and now we want 20-25m. He's on 20K per week now so it would make sense that he would given 60-70K per week now. Five times higher wages for one good season is ridiculous.

Cant figure out whether im on villa talk forum or in the hairdressers with my wife listening to all the bitch talk and gossip

Welcome to Curlers, the place for Bitch Talk !

We have to protect our own interests.

No, it's 25m for a 22 year old who was outscored only by messi and ronaldo in 2013. That's not barmy

Â