Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think one of the most telling things  highlighted by Benteke's dispute is his paltry £20,000 per week wages. As Belgian Guy's dad points out if the rumours are correct that our Club value him  at £25M then surely he should have pro rata wages as a reflection of this.

I personally value Benteke at £35M minimum, thus £100k should be his minimum wage.

It is a difficult conundrum to solve, especially given the amount of wasters & piss takers that we have had sponging off our club in recent years **. The sooner we get rid of these type of parasites the better. Had we already have successfully addressed this problem then we might have been in a better position to offer Benteke the type of contract he undoubtedly deserves & one that he wouldn't just dismiss out of hand..

With the obscene amount of cash currently swamping the Premier League £100K pw is not really that unviable a proposition for a player of Benteke's ability but given our current financial dispensation & necessary prudent transfer policy £65 - £70K is probably our highest possible option at the moment.

What do other posters genuinely believe Benteke should be on minimum ( bitterness aside if possible.)

As stated I believe that it should be £100k pw minimum.

This current wage disparity also strongly suggests to me that `Tekkers` will be gone soon as even tripling his wages to £60K may  not be enough plus added to that a new & better deal  might bring disharmony into a squad with other players seriously considering themselves to be under valued.

NB **  I do not class Darren Bent in the piss taker bracket & have every sympathy for him in his current predicament.

• Like 2

I think one of the most telling things  highlighted by Benteke's dispute is his paltry £20,000 per week wages. As Belgian Guy's dad points out if the rumours are correct that our Club value him  at £25M then surely he should have pro rata wages as a reflection of this.

I personally value Benteke at £35M minimum, thus £100k should be his minimum wage.

It is a difficult conundrum to solve, especially given the amount of wasters & piss takers that we have had sponging off our club in recent years **. The sooner we get rid of these type of parasites the better. Had we already have successfully addressed this problem then we might have been in a better position to offer Benteke the type of contract he undoubtedly deserves & one that he wouldn't just dismiss out of hand..

With the obscene amount of cash currently swamping the Premier League £100K pw is not really that unviable a proposition for a player of Benteke's ability but given our current financial dispensation & necessary prudent transfer policy £65 - £70K is probably our highest possible option at the moment.

What do other posters genuinely believe Benteke should be on minimum ( bitterness aside if possible.)

This current wage disparity also strongly suggests to me that `Tekkers` will be gone soon as even tripling his wages to £60K may  not be enough plus added to that a new & better deal  might bring disharmony into a squad with other players seriously considering themselves to be under valued.

NB **  I do not class Darren Bent in the piss taker bracket & have every sympathy for him in his current predicament.

So where does it end?He scores 20-25 goals again then we give him a new contract at 150? Come off it, given the overall circumstances 60-70k should be enough.

So where does it end?He scores 20-25 goals again then we give him a new contract at 150? Come off it, given the overall circumstances 60-70k should be enough.

you can say 60k/70k is enough but that kind of money is never offered max 40k/week lolz

To be fair, you arent wrong... To be equally fair... Levy is a word removed... The way he operates is entirely rocket polisher-esque... Acts as if everyone owes him a favour and that he doesn't need to repay it at all... Bollocks to him and the rest of them

That's how you run a business though. You buy as cheaply as possible and sell as expensively as possible. We just need the balls to play the same game as them. Not meeting the asking price? On your way then. No need for grudges or abuse, he's doing what any other businessman worth their salt would do. Nobody, ourselves included, ever wades in and drops the maximum they're willing to spend on the table from the start (though, in fairness, it would appear that's precisely how we used to operate). Even  with the likes of Helenius there was quite a bit of negotiation on our part over hundreds of thousands rather than millions

Being saying this since he handed in the transfer request, if the club see him as a £25m player surely he should be oaid accordingly, I agree a minimum of £70k a week but I would begrudgingly go the distance and cough up the 100k, easier typed than done though. 

Being saying this since he handed in the transfer request, if the club see him as a £25m player surely he should be oaid accordingly, I agree a minimum of £70k a week but I would begrudgingly go the distance and cough up the 100k, easier typed than done though. 

Conversely, if Benteke thinks he's worth £100k a week, the transfer fee on his head should be in line with that

His contract is for £20k, that's what he agreed on last summer. We've offered him a pay raise, but he apparently wasn't interested. That's fine, but he can't expect to be worth £100k a week or close to it and leave for less than £25-30m

Edited by P3te

I think one of the most telling things highlighted by Benteke's dispute is his paltry £20,000 per week wages. As Belgian Guy's dad points out if the rumours are correct that our Club value him at £25M then surely he should have pro rata wages as a reflection of this.

This current wage disparity also strongly suggests to me that `Tekkers` will be gone soon as even tripling his wages to £60K may not be enough plus added to that a new & better deal might bring disharmony into a squad with other players seriously considering themselves to be under valued.

NB ** I do not class Darren Bent in the piss taker bracket & have every sympathy for him in his current predicament.

you can say 60k/70k is enough but that kind of money is never offered max 40k/week lolz

If you believe the press we've only offered 40k for him to stay. I imagine we would have offered him more though.

Ok how about 50k basic with an extra 1-2k per week per goal that rolls over each week, he could end up on 96k a week if he scores 23 goals. We can then sell for 35m plus next year after he's been to the world cup, win win

Ok how about 50k basic with an extra 1-2k per week per goal that rolls over each week, he could end up on 96k a week if he scores 23 goals. We can then sell for 35m plus next year after he's been to the world cup, win win

Except he wants to leave

Conversely, if Benteke thinks he's worth £100k a week, the transfer fee on his head should be in line with that

His contract is for £20k, that's what he agreed on last summer. We've offered him a pay raise, but he apparently wasn't interested. That's fine, but he can't expect to be worth £100k a week or close to it and leave for less than £25-30m

100% agree with you.

• Like 1

I think one of the most telling things highlighted by Benteke's dispute is his paltry £20,000 per week wages. As Belgian Guy's dad points out if the rumours are correct that our Club value him at £25M then surely he should have pro rata wages as a reflection of this.

This current wage disparity also strongly suggests to me that `Tekkers` will be gone soon as even tripling his wages to £60K may not be enough plus added to that a new & better deal might bring disharmony into a squad with other players seriously considering themselves to be under valued.

NB ** I do not class Darren Bent in the piss taker bracket & have every sympathy for him in his current predicament.

If you believe the press we've only offered 40k for him to stay. I imagine we would have offered him more though.

Paul lambert said that they offered him double his wages. 20K*2=>40K/week

And had he signed that and stayed, I have no doubt he'd have been offered another improvement next summer. That's the right way of doing things, and it very much appears to be how we're handling contracts now. We're actually handing out performance based raises, to put it in everyday terms

Can you show me the link for that article please?

For that to be true the reverse must also be true. If we think he is a top player and demand a big transfer if he leaves then we must also offer top wages to entice him to stay.

Pretty damn sure he wouldn't publicise such information.

Can you show me the link for that article please?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317431/Christian-Benteke-offered-new-Aston-Villa-contract-ward-Tottenham-Arsenal.html

Â