Christian Benteke

Kwan

This is relatively old but not sure if its been posted yet, amazing stats! Anyway at this point I just want Benteke gone, I want it done as soon as possible so we can supplement our team. The fans acting as If he is the only player in the team talking of doom and gloom if he goes are also doing my nut in. We are building a team of comrades, he is a mercenary and we can't be having it. Wish things were different though.

580271_10151734934101405_332341148_n.jpg

Edited by OutByEaster?
  • Like 1

I say we lay off the guy, just accept that he's a mercenary (which we kindof knew already), and keep hoping he's playing for us next year because he's dynamite.

Quite. If he's a mercenary, he'll do his best for whoever he happens to be playing for. That's what mercenaries do. And, as we know from last season, his best is pretty devastating. So, if he stays with Villa for another season, he will do us proud. I can't really understand this desire to banish him to the reserves if his transfer ambitions don't come off this summer. Requesting a transfer isn't a crime.

they will bid near the close of the window to try get him cheap. Fark off Spurs

Spurs fan at work said this to me during the week,Kinda condescending  like.'Oh we'll wait til the transfer deadline day and bid £20m and get him,thats how we do it'.Said to him £25m nowt less,explained about Barry and Downing.Fair shut him up.I better be right.............

If no one bids 25m he aint going. 

Thing is though if he does go you'll bet it will be for an undisclosed fee and we'll all think yep 25m and Spurs fans will think yep in the bag for 18m.

We'll never know, and it will make me want to kick the teeth out of every spurs fans mouth :@

Edited by KjParton
  • Like 1

Agree with most of that Trent and this is where we are as a club. I would just say that I guess the stick comes from major disappointment that it is this summer, next year and I doubt there would have been any issue at all.

• Like 1

Agree with most of that Trent and this is where we are as a club. I would just say that I guess the stick comes from major disappointment that it is this summer, next year and I doubt there would have been any issue at all.

I think a lot of the disappointment also stems from the fact that Benteke is trying to force a move through before any firm bids had even been lodged. I would be more understanding if Arsenal had already tabled a £26m offer, resulting in Benteke handing in a transfer request. As it stands, no one has come in with an acceptable offer and Benteke is actively trying to engineer a move away from the club.

• Like 2

He should be fined for that alone!

I'm sorry but Villa have to play hard buggers in this, otherwise the exact same thing will happen to Westwood, Lowton, Okore, Weimann....the list goes on and on. The club need to make an example out of Benteke. If he doesnt return for training tomorrow, fine him two week's wages!

I think a lot of the disappointment also stems from the fact that Benteke is trying to force a move through before any firm bids had even been lodged. I would be more understanding if Arsenal had already tabled a £26m offer, resulting in Benteke handing in a transfer request. As it stands, no one has come in with an acceptable offer and Benteke is actively trying to engineer a move away from the club.

yeah maybe. But then that is what players do, not all the time but we have seen that before. For me it is not the engineering it is the timing. I think that's what's pissing villa off too

The problem the Spurs fans are having in all of this is that they rather arrogantly think both clubs need to come to some sort of deal - almost as if Spurs have some right to the player. Until they get over that and realise they are trying to buy someone else's star player who is currently on peanuts on a long contract and doesn't need to be sold, then they're really pissing in the wind even coming in here. Any mention of 'strikes' and sulking can simply be met with the retort that Benteke won't be throwing his world cup year down the drain no matter who he is with. Cough up or shut up.

15 likes for this post, is that a villatalk record?

Not even close

Â