Christian Benteke

Kwan

Sahin - Gundogan

Kagawa - Reus

Gotze - Mkhitarian/Aubamayang

squad hasnt weakened with each sale

Lewandowski sale will probably cover some of the Mkhitaryan fee too, nearly €30m I believe he has cost them, which would be nearly the entire amount they received for Gotze. Dortmund's most expensive signing to date.

I am annoyed with Benteke, but I am also sure that we will be okay. In Lambert we trust.

Sahin - Gundogan

Kagawa - Reus

Do their players jump ship after one year? That's what sticks in my craw. If he'd stayed another season I would've wished him well next summer.

If it is Tottenham, just watch them try and offer half their shit players as part of the deal. If Mcleish was still here, he would be mug enough to do it. Hope Lambert takes the cold hard cash or £5m + Bale ;)

Well, what a word removed.

What is the point of football now. You can't build anything. If a player has one good season he clears off at the first opportunity. I hope he fails wherever he goes.

He'd be making a mistake if he went to Spurs IMO. That's not to say that they're not a step up from us at this moment in time, but it means that it will be difficult for him to move on from there to one of the genuine established superpowers given the amounts of money involved if he's a success there.

We could learn a lot from Spurs here by just digging our heels in and refusing to let him leave, a la Modric when they got another excellent season out of him but it looks like once again we're allowing ourselves to be bent over.

Sahin - Gundogan

Kagawa - Reus

Do their players jump ship after one year? That's what sticks in my craw. If he'd stayed another season I would've wished him well next summer.

Benteke is the only player who seems to want to jump ship, so if anything, you can liken him to how Kagawa had a great season and left (being as most of his first season was spent being injured).

Westwood, Guzan, Lowton and Weimann are all still here. Obviously Benteke is our stand out player, but with the players we've added and can now potentially add with the funds from his sale, we'll be fine.

Must admit, i think the club statement is dead on the button and setting a deadline is pretty shrewd.

If the player is still here after that deadline passes, and he or his prick of an agent play up, then Mr Greedy bastard is going to look like a right greedy bastard to any future buyers. Basically, we could be watching his career going down the pan. Always thought that Mr Greedy Bastard was taking the wrong advice and his agent will ruin him.

He also comes across a little dim, so sod him.

However, If he remains and wears our shirt for another 12 months then i will back him on the pitch, but my respect for him has totally gone. 

Edited by MagicMushroom
  • Like 1

I have a sneaky feeling silly money won't be involved, because I have another sneaky feeling Villa knew all this a while back and are semi-keen to sell.

The money spent wisely will speed up our TEAM strengthening progess.

Maybe Benteke is just being cruel to be kind.

I have grave doubt we will get big bucks, but I still think we will end up in the "pink"

Ps it will also put us in good stead with other European prospects that we don't stand in a players way.......keep recruiting Paul.

• Like 1

I don't think its going to happen quickly and I also don't think Lambert has given up on keeping Benteke even though he's handed in a transfer request. If no one meets our valuation then we wont be forced to sell.

If it is Tottenham, just watch them try and offer half their shit players as part of the deal. If Mcleish was still here, he would be mug enough to do it. Hope Lambert takes the cold hard cash or £5m + Bale ;)

Think Lambert is on another level to McLeish in terms of having clarity about his vision for the club. I reckon he has his list of players and will not veer away from it no matter how much it would suit Spurs....

Just don't think we'll be in for any player who's currently playing in the PL and earning £30k+.

What is the point of football now. You can't build anything. If a player has one good season he clears off at the first opportunity. I hope he fails wherever he goes.

He'd be making a mistake if he went to Spurs IMO. That's not to say that they're not a step up from us at this moment in time, but it means that it will be difficult for him to move on from there to one of the genuine established superpowers given the amounts of money involved if he's a success there.

We could learn a lot from Spurs here by just digging our heels in and refusing to let him leave, a la Modric when they got another excellent season out of him but it looks like once again we're allowing ourselves to be bent over.

How do you draw that conclusion? When have we allowed ourselves to be bent over before and how are we allowing ourselves to be bent over now? 

That's the trouble with "young and hungry" players.  If they're good enough their hunger will take them on to another club.  The same hunger that brought them to us in the first place.

I asked earlier in this thread but didn't get a response. When Dortmund were doing similar to us did they sell their better players on all the time? Or did they manage to keep hold of them?

What BOF said.

Off the top of my head I can think of Sahin, Barrios, Perisic, Kagawa, Götze and Lewandowski that they've made a large profit on in the last few years..

I think we've actually dont well over the last few yrs in regards to selling on players ie

Dowing £12mill sold for £20mill

Young £10 mill sold for £20mill

Milner £10 mill sold for £30mill (total)

How do you draw that conclusion? When have we allowed ourselves to be bent over before and how are we allowing ourselves to be bent over now? 

I think we've actually dont well over the last few yrs in regards to selling on players ie

Dowing £12mill sold for £20mill

Young £10 mill sold for £20mill

Milner £10 mill sold for £30mill (total)

Huddlestone, Dempsey, Parker etc.

Yes it is an odd conclusion to draw from the statement we have made.

I'd love him to see the spurs forums 

They do not even rate him and think he will be a waste of money

I still believe its Chelsea thats behind all this, and i also believe that all this started around the time that Lukaku opened his gob. I thought it bit odd back then, and im convinced of it now.

Im sure his mates were busily working on him whilst he was away with them with the Belgium team, and im sure his agent has been pretty active behind the scenes aswell.

Also, this has Mouriniho written all over it.

Levy will offer players vs + £££ in my opinion.

Hope we don't accept.

Pure cash only and £25m should be MINIMUM we are looking at.

Think the Ireland situation should be a stark reminder of that, don't you?

If we havn't been in for the buying clubs cast offs why on earth should a developing club like ours even consider it.

money or offski

Â