Christian Benteke

Kwan

He had a dream season, his stock is sky high. No guarantees what could happen next year. If he scores 12 goals, for example, and a year less on his contract, how much is he worth then? wont be £25m-£30m.

If it is Spurs who have turned his head, I cant see them stumping up £25m+ for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay if its just them interested.

Arsenal would be perfect for him, if hes genuinely a fan, I don't think I could hold it against him too much for going there.

Chelsea, well, at least we'd get top dollar.

Man City. Top dollar.

Liverpool, Vomit.

Dortmund. Possible but unlikely. Perfect solution for us though.

Athletico Madrid. Probably cant afford it.

Anyway... Lets get this done and get Lambo spending. I don't want him playing for Villa again. Foolish boy.

Athletico has just signed David Villa

How are we ever supposed to grow if this keeps happening? He wont even give us a second chance.

Well youd hope with the money we get we can spread that quality around the team. Thats growth i guess. Depending on how the new players perform.

He had a dream season, his stock is sky high. No guarantees what could happen next year. If he scores 12 goals, for example, and a year less on his contract, how much is he worth then? wont be £25m-£30m.

If it is Spurs who have turned his head, I cant see them stumping up £25m+ for him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him stay if its just them interested.

Arsenal would be perfect for him, if hes genuinely a fan, I don't think I could hold it against him too much for going there.

Chelsea, well, at least we'd get top dollar.

Man City. Top dollar.

Liverpool, Vomit.

Dortmund. Possible but unlikely. Perfect solution for us though.

Athletico Madrid. Probably cant afford it.

Anyway... Lets get this done and get Lambo spending. I don't want him playing for Villa again. Foolish boy.

Athletico has just signed David Villa

ah yes, forgot about that. Should rule them out then.

• Like 1

Problem is you'll get some plonker fans that think if we get 25mill that will all go on players, just their transfer fees you know!

Yes what plonkers. Expecting the sale of a star player to be reinvested on signing quality players.

Is this not the whole point of the model most have been defending all year? We buy potential for low money, if they stay with us and develop great, if they leave for big money we then go and spend it on quality.

We gambled with Benteke, it paid off and we hit the jackpot. Lambert should not have to gamble again. That jackpot should be invested in quality.

That's the only way we're going to build something.

If we have to keep on gambling because the big money fee has to also pay for a players entire wages we're going to get no where fast.

100%

doesnt stop the disappointment though does it.  Or the fact that if it had been next year,  just one more year out of him not much to ask for,  then there wouldnt be an issue

Sure it may be the model,  doesn't mean that it is a one year thing though does it

Why do people want to stick him in the reserves for a season and expect £30M? His value will rot away if we do that. He obviously don't want to be here, let him go

Stick him in the reserves IF he acts like the dick he is, by going on strike. No sentiments in football about, we would still recoup the 7million so no bigf deal.

id rather get good money for him now, rather then trying to spite him and lose out.

Na we have to put out a message to our other up and coming players that we currently have. Villa have to be strong here, else any young player who shows potential after 1 season will think they can do the same.

If we show any weakness then what we are trying to build at Villa will be up the left. Got to play hard ball with other clubs and get best price possible. They will then know we are no pushovers with regards our young talent

I heard on the weekend Benteke's agent recently demanded 110k a week for Benteke or he's out, to which Lambert said get us 25mill and he can go. 

The agent then said that the Villa should be generous as they only got him for 7. To which Lambert repliedshow me a 110k a week player that isn't worth 25 mill.

Not sure how true it is, but if it is I like Lambert's attitude.

• Like 3

Do you want to know what I find most surprising? The amount of people who are posting at 2, 3, 4 or 5am in the morning. I know the vast majority of you are in the UK, so don't you have beds to go to? I went to bed last night at 11ish and the thread was about 402 pages, and now I have just logged in at 11.10 on my break and it's nearly 430. Crazy.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 1

Maybe we should just let him go:

Born: DR Congo, 3 December 1990

Clubs: Standard Liege 2009-2011

Kortrijk (loan) 2009-10

Mechelen (loan) 2010-11

Genk 2011-12

Aston Villa 2012-

This was on the BBC site so he hasn't played more than one season for any team.

City are surely the obvious choice. Have the required cash and the required need. They only have Aguero and Dzeko?? They'll have to sign someone and they don't exactly buy cheap youngsters with potential. Bentke would be perfect for them.

I'm surprisingly happy enough about this - I thought I'd be much more pissed off. What an utter utter prick.

Â