Christian Benteke

Kwan

Well, if you had considered these two options when he signed for us, I know which I would have preferred:

1- He plays like a monster, scores the goals that keep us up and generates a huge profit after one season.

2- He is shit.

Gutted that he is going, but I wish him success wherever he goes (except Spurs).

**** Levy. We should tell Benteke we want to give you a contract of £60,000 a week and value you at 30m. If you dont want to sign thats fine but we wont sell you for less. 

I agree, that is the way out of this mess. 

As TRO mentioned we have got a gem like CB too soon, but we need to break to bank for him. In two years we will be looking for just a player like that, and for the same wages. 

Pisses me off that other clubs seem able to keep their players happy and build around them somewhat and we cant

Fellaini,  Michu come to mind in our level

isnt Fellaini on something like 80k a week

It is Spurs, I have thought about this.

They have been drip feeding info to the press, such as how they will bid low and how they will leave it till Aug 31st - to try and frighten us.

Now this has been seeded, they will come in with an offer, probably 18m, then 22m, after this they will wait for Benteke to complain.

Being the media, they will back his move to spurs and stories such as 'lucky to get 22m' and 'he wants to join spurs to link up with bale' with the media, through spurs, being used to pressure us into a quick sale.

The club has released a statement saying if a bid matching our valuation is not placed by July the 18th he will be going nowhere

No club can afford to dick around with this one the deadline has been set

Pay up or **** off

Edited by AshVilla

Michu and Fellani both play for teams who didn't avoid relegation by skin of thier teeth for the last 2 seasons.In the Case of Swansea they won a cup and look to be investing heavily on the team.They have spent more on one player than we have on all the ones we brought in

All the players we brought in could be great but on paper it certainly looks like we don't have much cash to spend again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23236667

Aston Villa's Christian Benteke has submitted a transfer request but the club still expect him to stay.

The 22-year-old signed from Genk for £7m last summer and went on to score 23 goals in all competitions.

Villa have told Benteke, who has been linked with Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham, they will "act" on offers that meet their valuation.

"He will remain a Villa player should this not happen," the club said in a statement.

"He was reminded that there are three years remaining on his contract, we consider him to be a Villa player and expect that he will be with us for the 2013-14 season."

Benteke has not travelled on the club's pre-season tour to Germany, but Villa said he had already been given extra time off until 18 July before the transfer request was made.

They have been drip feeding info to the press, such as how they will bid low and how they will leave it till Aug 31st - to try and frighten us.

Now this has been seeded, they will come in with an offer, probably 18m, then 22m, after this they will wait for Benteke to complain.

Being the media, they will back his move to spurs and stories such as 'lucky to get 22m' and 'he wants to join spurs to link up with bale' with the media, through spurs, being used to pressure us into a quick sale.

Us fans have a valuation on the player (somewhere between 20m and 50m given the last few pages). The club obviously has a valuation too, but I do not know what that is.

At what point does CB begin to whine and complain about AVFC blocking his move to a bigger club by demanding an OTT fee?

Who intervenes? Is it the PFA? European Court of 'Asylum Seeker' Terror Sympathisers? Or nobody as we are within our rights?

dodgyknees - if what you have written comes to fruition, I will turn green and rip my shirt. It will confirm everything I have heard and experienced with cockerney clubs.

EDIT - just saw the post above about the deadline. Sounds like a plan BA.

Edited by Raver50032

Problem is you'll get some plonker fans that think if we get 25mill that will all go on players, just their transfer fees you know!

Same muppet fans that think you get a 80mill tv cheque straight away and that Remy would keep QPR up defiantly!

:lol:

I think if he goes for £25m then that money will be given to Lambert, for fees yes. I'd assume he would bring in maybe 2 or 3 players, whose wages would be covered by Benteke leaving and Bent leaving.

100% agree

Lambert probably has a replacement lined up. Total faith in him. This is how the football world is, sadly. Can't blame Benteke for wanting to further his career.

my understanding is ....he has a replacement lined up.

Some kid from the Conference? 

If we sell Bent and Benteke were -20M in our budget. Even if we spend all of it our net spend will be close to zero. Surely we would have had 20 million on top like last season?

Theoretically we should have 40 million to spend on two strikers a CAM.. a back up RB and possibly a centre back.

Randy will probably just pocket it.

• Like 1

Im not gutted he has done this now, in fact Im glad it is now rather than at the beginning of the season like Yorke.

If he wants to go let him go but on our terms.

For us old guys Andy Gray leaving was the end of the world but we bought Withe at half the price.  

Platt left and we bought nearly a new team.

Yorke left and we bought Merson and Dublin.

It isnt always the end of the world

• Like 1

Here's the question though:

If nobody meets our valuation and in turn Lambert says Benteke must stay, do we feel he has now destroyed his relationship with the fans? Would the fans actually want him to stay now?

Edited by samjp26

Somebody should remind Christian, that back in October, he only managed 1 goal in 5 games. Media and sections of fans were calling for him to be dropped in favour of Darren Bent (he was against Fulham). His suspect finishing and being the player to have the most offsides in the Premier League shows his rawness. On his day, he is unplayable but it's remarkable that last year many questioned Lambert's judgement. But he stuck with him, over the more experienced Darren Bent. The first whiff of success and he's out the door (assuming they meet the valuation).

• Like 1

I just had another thought (yeah I know it hurts :blink: ) someone had best get onto the mechanise office and tell them that we have enough B, E, N and T's for replica shirts to last 10 years or more so not order any more.

I mean no-one in their right mind will have Bennett on their shirt (surely??) and with Bent seemingly going and possibly (likely) to be followed by this mercenary they will be stuck with these 4 letters. 

Obviously this is a serious issue for the club, we could lose 40 quid FFS!!!!

Here's the question though:

If nobody meets our valuation and in turn Lambert says Benteke must stay, do we feel he has now destroyed his relationship with the fans? Would the fans actually want him to stay now?

Not with me. I dont blame him whatsoever. Although my fear that he will not be 100% committed still stands.

Just hope we dont hang around for silly money that just doesnt come. 25m - get the job done

• Like 1

If we sell Bent and Benteke were -20M in our budget. Even if we spend all of it our net spend will be close to zero. Surely we would have had 20 million on top like last season?

Theoretically we should have 40 million to spend on two strikers a CAM.. a back up RB and possibly a centre back.

Randy will probably just pocket it.

It's his money, he can do what he wants with it.

I think we will sign a striker and an attacking mid both in the 10m bracket. Then perhaps another cheap defender to improve depth.

Â