Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Nobody said all players. I'm talking about one, Bacuna, who I think given a consistent run of games in an attacking position would flourish. I'm not suggesting he'll become a world beater, Albrighton certainly isn't one, but he'd be better than what he shows here.

• Like 1

Switch Bacuna to the right side Remi. Then Hutton to the left or bench.

I kind of feel sorry for Leo switching foot when he should be crossing, only because he has to fill in on the left. He has a great shot and good cross in him. We need that, but he can't use it on the left.

• Like 1

Out of everyone who started the game today, I thought Bacuna did really well. Was strong in the tackle, passed the ball well, and carried the ball forward a few times which pushed Sunderland back. Had a couple of shots as well, unfortunately couldn't get them on target.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jay.P.A said:

Out of everyone who started the game today, I thought Bacuna did really well. Was strong in the tackle, passed the ball well, and carried the ball forward a few times which pushed Sunderland back. Had a couple of shots as well, unfortunately couldn't get them on target.

One of the only players we have that actually looks like a "Villa player", if that makes sense. Majority don't look like they care, or don't belong to the club. Bacuna looks like he came through our youth ranks or something.

Hope we keep him, I think he'll be a very good player in the Championship.

• Like 4

Just now, samjp26 said:

One of the only players we have that actually looks like a "Villa player", if that makes sense. Majority don't look like they care, or don't belong to the club. Bacuna looks like he came through our youth ranks or something.

Absolutely spot on. I believe he loves the club, runs threw walls for us and always puts in a shift. Never hides and is willing to play anywhere for the team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jay.P.A said:

Absolutely spot on. I believe he loves the club, runs threw walls for us and always puts in a shift. Never hides and is willing to play anywhere for the team.

Exactly, I know he makes mistakes but for the most part he just puts in a good shift. He is technically decent, he is physically decent, all around just a solid player. Won't win the Ballon d'Or anytime soon but I don't think any of us expect that from him.

He recognises and respects the privileged position he is in

• Like 3