Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I was coming here to post about why on earth a 5'9 player who was signed as a right winger and makeshift fullback and central midfielder was playing as one of three centre halfs... then I saw his Wikipedia says he's 6'2. Has his agent been editing it on the sly? I've met him a handful of times and he's not even close to 6'.

Anyway, I hope I never have to see him play football again.

• Like 1

When does the transfer window open?  I imagine his move to Barcelona will be completed in the first few minutes,  they won't want to risk someone else getting in before them 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I was coming here to post about why on earth a 5'9 player who was signed as a right winger and makeshift fullback and central midfielder was playing as one of three centre halfs... then I saw his Wikipedia says he's 6'2. Has his agent been editing it on the sly? I've met him a handful of times and he's not even close to 6'.

Anyway, I hope I never have to see him play football again.

He's always been listed as that but I have no idea why. It's the same with Weimann - he's listed as 6'2 but he's about 5'10.

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

He's always been listed as that but I have no idea why. It's the same with Weimann - he's listed as 6'2 but he's about 5'10.

I wonder if it is an agent thing, easier for them to get a move or initial interest if they're reported as taller maybe. 4-5 inches is taking the piss though, 6'2 would make him almost as tall as Benteke.

Christian+Benteke+Leandro+Bacuna+Aston+V

"it's ok Leo, if you pretend you're a big man you might get that move to Real you deserve"

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I wonder if it is an agent thing, easier for them to get a move or initial interest if they're reported as taller maybe. 4-5 inches is taking the piss though, 6'2 would make him almost as tall as Benteke.

Christian+Benteke+Leandro+Bacuna+Aston+V

"it's ok Leo, if you pretend you're a big man you might get that move to Real you deserve"

He used to be 6'2 but now he's 5'10 

He had a bad fall. 

Initially, I was struck by the (agreedly far-fetched) idea that maybe someone (his agent?) had sneakily opted to use metric feet and inches, giving his player a fictional boost in height. But that would merely explain a difference of one inch, not four - and even though the Netherlands historically have used various versions of a 'voet' even shorter than the metric foot, it would be quite absurd to think anyone would use those ancient units of measurement today...

However, the reason 'his' Wikipedia (I assume that's referring to his entry in the English Wikipedia) states his height at 6'2" is that the player's stats are retrieved from his profile on the Premier League website, where his height is stated as 187 cm. I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone, but I don't think his agent would be able to edit the official PL website.

Possibly, there's some PL measuring equipment (or some PL representative's eyesight) that is in need of a check-up. If the PL just trusted information received from the current Aston Villa staff there might be more than merely their eyesight that should undergo a check-up...

I just saw the goals against Arsenal.. Giroud's third goal was absolutely pathetic.. 3-4 players to mark him and noone bothered or even realised he was there.. (not sure whats worse..)

Bacuna was closest to him and should have been tracking the run and he just let him run past without even breaking into a jog. This guy is a farking joke. **** off Leandro. 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I completely missed this story, but according to wiki he plays international football for Curaçao 

wasnt he on international duty the last time when he made the infamous "Champions League" comments

Patrick Kluivert is the manager as well

• Like 1

Good luck at the Euros Leandro!

What? He's not going!? 

Ah, Holland didn't qualify.

I'm sure if they had, he'd have been the first name in the squad. 

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

wasnt he on international duty the last time when he made the infamous "Champions League" comments

Patrick Kluivert is the manager as well

I'm pretty sure Curaçao are just a subsidiary of the Dutch national team & aren't eligible to qualify for Fifa tournaments like the World Cup, so it's like being called up to the England c team

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Good luck at the Euros Leandro!

What? He's not going!? 

Ah, Holland didn't qualify.

I'm sure if they had, he'd have been the first name in the squad. 

Even though he's a full international for Curacao