Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Bacuna poses a goal threat from the middle of the park, nobody else in the midfield does this. I suppose Gil may in time but Westwood, Delph and Sanchez certainly dont. Cleverly may do and I hope Sherwood gets the best out of him for the remainder of the season too

He scores goals and creates goals - he could kick it out for a throw in rest of the time, wouldn't bother me.

He is not a bad defender either.

Now here are some players who don't score, don't create ,and are poor defensively who have played instead of Bacuna.

Gabby

Nzog

Richardson

Cleverly

They have all tried to create and score from attacking wide positions and failed.

If you can't see Bacunas talent - you guys are blind.

Agree with all of this. Bacuna was not used enough under Lambert IMO. lets face it, how many goals or assists do Delph, Cleverley, Richardson, Zoggy have between them? I think Bacuna deserves a good run of games. He is also useful wide right as cover for Hutton going forward!

I like him.  I want him to do well and I think he has perhaps been under-utilised to date.  But he does need to contribute more in his overall game if he's to justify getting into the team on anything like a regular basis.  He has a goal in him no doubt, but he's not prolific enough to be a luxury in other areas.  It'll be interesting to see if he can stake a claim under Sherwood.

• Like 1

I like him.  I want him to do well and I think he has perhaps been under-utilised to date.  But he does need to contribute more in his overall game if he's to justify getting into the team on anything like a regular basis.  He has a goal in him no doubt, but he's not prolific enough to be a luxury in other areas.  It'll be interesting to see if he can stake a claim under Sherwood.

If the boss is to be believed then if you train well you get a chance so maybe he will

That's just lip-service though.  You'd hope that every single player will give their all in training, or certainly much more than 11 of them will.  So whilst the starting team will no doubt be made up of players who have given their all during training, I'd be fairly sure the bench will be like that too.  And that's where I'm interested to see what Timothy thinks of them all.

That's just lip-service though.  You'd hope that every single player will give their all in training, or certainly much more than 11 of them will.  So whilst the starting team will no doubt be made up of players who have given their all during training, I'd be fairly sure the bench will be like that too.  And that's where I'm interested to see what Timothy thinks of them all.

I may be wrong but I get the impression that there may be at least one or two that probably dont put a shift in

I may be wrong but I get the impression that there may be at least one or two that probably dont put a shift in

Yes, which leaves 23.  That's my point.  There'll be plenty of players who put a shift in who don't get into the team, so saying something like you get in on your training performance means very little in reality.

I thought he was really good at RB to be honest.

No, cuz of long diagonal balls beyond our back line always caught him out.

1 vs 1, I'd back him, but he hasn't got the awareness for the job full time.

Or maybe he just had to learn to defend, given that he had never played in that position.

I thought he was really good at RB to be honest.

No, cuz of long diagonal balls beyond our back line always caught him out.

1 vs 1, I'd back him, but he hasn't got the awareness for the job full time.

I play full back and always get done by those long diagonal balls. The damn things get me puzzled. 

• Like 1

Leo really is a puzzle. I don't even know where he should play. I used to like him at RB, and he was able to score from there aswell. Now, I don't know. However, as long as he scores once in a while, he should play. We need each one of those goals.

Do you think it'd be worth sticking him just behind Benteke to play off him as a really attacking forward/second striker? He seems to know where the goal is, and is fairly quick.

Somehow I think his goals and assists have a surprise element to them. He comes from behind the play and is poorly marked, and knows how to strike the ball. This would lead me to think he should play either as a winger or RB. When Hutton is ok, Bacuna should be RW.

Or then what you said. :)

• Like 1

Maybe he's a striker?

Edit - I see I was an hour too late! His movement is good, he could play off the big man, make runs down the channels, drift out wide and whip the odd cross in. We know he can finish.

That way his penchant for trying the ridiculous and giving the ball away is less of an issue. Much less.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.