Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Yeah I thought he did well bearing in mind he played at least four different positions in the game. Gave us some drive from midfield which is a rarity.

Although I have no doubt his best position is midfield I would actually play him RB for now. Lowton has been so bad defensively this season it is scary in my eyes he could and should have stopped both goals yesterday. While Bacuna had a couple of dodgy games (Fulham, WBA) at RB he also had a number of good ones and I feel his pace and strength puts him above Lowton right now.

Did very well yesterday. He's not quite consistent yet, but for his first season in the PL, he's showing some real promise and signs that he'll become a good, important player for us. It's great to see him playing a positive game, getting forwards, making good runs and not bad at shooting. Well done lad.

I think he had a good first half today with the way we were playing, but the second half not so good. 

Again, he is not a right back and I would imagine he'd have been in the midfield instead of KEA if it wasn't for Lowton being out of the squad. 

Shame really because he ends up being slated and even dropped based on performances where he is out of position, whereas he should be getting a good run in his favoured position where he has played well for us. 

Obviously though it isn't like we could play anybody else in the position with Lowton out and I hope the problem with him is rectified ASAP.

I still think he is a better defender than Lowton. He just needs to learn how to keep a cool head.

He really isn't, Lowton is no world beater but playing Bacuna at right-back is frankly scandalous. I have no idea what they do at BMH during the week, but teaching Bacuna positional sense is way off the curriculum I guess.....he's dreadful.

I still think he is a better defender than Lowton. He just needs to learn how to keep a cool head.

He really isn't, Lowton is no world beater but playing Bacuna at right-back is frankly scandalous. I have no idea what they do at BMH during the week, but teaching Bacuna positional sense is way off the curriculum I guess.....he's dreadful.

Ha, ha Cropley, you really have issues with this. Was Kenny Swain a right back?

Bacuna 1v1 defensive is very strong, quick, and aggressive

Lowton not so much IMO. But good crossing.

If we're playing a counter attack game, Bacuna is best right back for me. Attacking Lowton

• Like 1

I think he had a good first half today with the way we were playing, but the second half not so good.

Again, he is not a right back and I would imagine he'd have been in the midfield instead of KEA if it wasn't for Lowton being out of the squad.

Shame really because he ends up being slated and even dropped based on performances where he is out of position, whereas he should be getting a good run in his favoured position where he has played well for us.

Obviously though it isn't like we could play anybody else in the position with Lowton out and I hope the problem with him is rectified ASAP.

Agree, first half was great , second half not so. He looked to me that he ran out of steam in second half and was tired.

• Like 1

If we're playing a counter attack game, Bacuna is best right back for me. Attacking Lowton

Agree fully Danishlad. Bacuna is so much better than Lowton when defending against his man. Lowton loses most of his battles down low, Bacuna wins them all.

Leandro's problem is decision making under pressure. It may cost us if he's playing as RB. Other than that, he is a good FB.

Bacuna RB, Lowton RM.

• Like 2

Comparing Bacuna with Kenny Swain is a bit like comparing Eamon Deacy with Franz Beckenbauer. Nice bloke I'm sure but not in the same district as a player. Be assured, this guy ain't no right back - ability aside, silly little things I noticed today, like fawning all over Suarez in the tunnel then trying to shake his hand after trying to clatter him, fook that son !!.... Be a player !

Agree fully Danishlad. Bacuna is so much better than Lowton when defending against his man. Lowton loses most of his battles down low, Bacuna wins them all.

Leandro's problem is decision making under pressure. It may cost us if he's playing as RB. Other than that, he is a good FB.

Bacuna RB, Lowton RM.[/quote

Please stop....he really isnt

Sorry, I just don't rate Bacuna at all. He's a deer in the headlights with the ball at his feet. Panicky.

I'm usually the first to defend players from getting criticism, but Bacuna just isn't very good.

I'd have Lowton there every time

That was his best game for Villa I thought, and I haven't been a fan thus far.

Great first half, not as good second.

At times though, he looked like he could do something with the ball and carried it quite well up the pitch, Lowton-esque to be honest.

Still made some bad decisions and looked a bit iffy at times, but the first time I can remember he looked decent on the ball.

Lowton is too slow to get away with being as positionally bad as he is. Bacuna will continue to get in ahead of him as he's got the physicality over him.

• Like 1

Sorry, I just don't rate Bacuna at all. He's a deer in the headlights with the ball at his feet. Panicky.

I'm usually the first to defend players from getting criticism, but Bacuna just isn't very good.

I'd have Lowton there every time

Kind of sums up why I feel it is a shame he has to play there. People seem to judge him in general on the way he plays in an unnatural position, rather than how he plays in his preferred spots within midfield.

Of course you would have Lowton there every time, Lowton is a right back, Bacuna isn't. The fact that some people do prefer Bacuna in that position is a credit to him IMO.