Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Kind of exciting this transfer policy. It's a bit like keys into the pot.

Or Russian roulette.

Belhanda would be our 'Benteke signing' of this season. I think it is important that we build a strong core to our team, of course with a tighter budget than other clubs it will be difficult to bring more than one of these signings in at the same time as bringing in other players to fill other positions.

Last Summer we spent what, about £20m tops? I can see a similar figure being spent this Summer, maybe slightly higher, which would again allow a marquee signing like this to happen.

Kind of exciting this transfer policy. It's a bit like keys into the pot.

Or Russian roulette.

Belhanda would be our 'Benteke signing' of this season. I think it is important that we build a strong core to our team, of course with a tighter budget than other clubs it will be difficult to bring more than one of these signings in at the same time as bringing in other players to fill other positions.

Last Summer we spent what, about £20m tops? I can see a similar figure being spent this Summer, maybe slightly higher, which would again allow a marquee signing like this to happen.

£24m last summer. Made us one of the higher spenders in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA5ua7zBXBw

if you haven`t seen it yet.

Watch a utube compilation of nzogbia or ireland, they look unplayable, not convinced tbh, unless he's under 5m........

These types of videos may be preferable to you then.

A compilation of his play during Montpellier's 1-0 loss away to PSG in April.

Watch a utube compilation of nzogbia or ireland, they look unplayable, not convinced tbh, unless he's under 5m........

On what basis have you come to that conclusion, you cant question how good he is due to people (potentially) judging him of a youtube video then question his quality without actually having seen  him play yourself.

Iv seen him play fairly sporadically over the course of the last two seasons. Would be a GREAT addition, and I havent even watched the youtube video of him.

really not a fan of these youtube videos. All that shows is that he can take penos and the keepers in France are awful. As somebody says, you could make one of anyone. You could make albrighton look decent for 3 minutes. Thats not to say that this guy isn't good - just saying that this video doesnt really show much to get excited about.

• Like 1

Just watched that video of his game against PSG. He looks like a real talent with a lot of potential. Seems he would be a quality signing and who knows. We might overachieve next year and another guy might have a Benteke break out season and hopefully retain them. :P

• Like 1

Just watched that video of his game against PSG. He looks like a real talent with a lot of potential. Seems he would be a quality signing and who knows. We might overachieve next year and another guy might have a Benteke break out season and hopefully retain them. :P

In that video it looks like he plays very deep, in a similar position to Westwood/Sylla - which was a little surprising from a number 10. Is that how/where he normally plays?

They were at PSG, I'm sure the tactics were modified accordingly and seems to have resulted in a deep, bunkered style of play with limited creative opportunities. If nothing else, I love watching this video because it shows he can get stuck in and gain/retain possession in a crowded midfield, something Ireland and N'Zog are completely ineffective at. That's not even talking about the marauding runs and impressive passing under pressure.

Again, Im not quite sure what we are looking at?

Some good passes and some passes where he gives the ball away.

All that video shows is that he can keep the ball well in deep areas of the field and he can't take free-kicks. It is not as if he is constantly taking the game to PSG. Again, Im not saying he is either a good player or a not so good player at the minute - Just saying that these videos don't really show anything worth getting overly excited about.

He is obviously highly rated and Im excited about the potential that he could sign but that video hasn't affected my opinion at all in any way shape or form.

Edited by Woodytom