Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I think he's probably got things playing on his mind. 

He's about to make a life changing decision, leaving all his friends behind and the club he's spent a large proportion of his career at.

I doubt i'd perform well if that was the case with me. 

Edited by KjParton

So are we confident of this deal going through?

Like I said earlier, this signing ticks a lot of boxes.

I think too many people are saying its going to happen for it not to happen. 

reallY? let's hope so. very un villa in recent years this, getting down to business straight away and all that. good stuff.

reallY? let's hope so. very un villa in recent years this, getting down to business straight away and all that. good stuff.

I think its got a pretty good chance of being done early next week. I'm not ITK btw, i'm completely guessing! 

Edited by KjParton

He got subbed and was saying goodbye to all his team mates. Didn't look great.

dwight Yorke looked awful for us in his last game, just saying
I'm just saying I was watching that match purely to see him play and he wasn't great in it. I have no doubt his head wouldn't of been straight and completely trust Paul Lamberts judgement. Edited by stegzy

In years gone past we had to wait to end of the window to make signings. Reason being we were always going for experienced prem players and had to wait to get best possible price.

Now we are going for less expensive players and we can afford to pay 2-300k extra instead of the 2-3 million extra in years past to buy early. On top of that Lambert will want less experienced players in early to have an extra 3 months over the summer to work with them.

The exception to this was last year as Lambert had to take time to figure out what he needed and then scout them when he came in

Edited by HeyAnty

I'm looking forward to being able to see these signings in action during pre season. Signing them early means he can bed them in and have them ready (and have his tactics ready) for the start of the season. Whereas last season when he first came, he didn't have much time and was still tinkering with things well into the season. 

Wanna see Tonev vs Walsall :3 

Who has stepped up to a decent level in the last 3 years from Poznan except Rudnevs and Lewandowski?

dont really understand this comment. Its like saying you stepped up to a decent level from Crewe in last 3 years or Clermont Foot or even Genk

It was a joke. I thought that was obvious.  :wacko:

I listed two excellent players (one of them among the best in world football for his position) that have come from Poznan in the last 3 years to illustrate how ridiculous the notion of dismissing based on where he's playing now is.

Judging by the number of likes you got though I wasn't obvious enough. Need more oomph in my sarcasm. Noted.

• Like 1

To be fair I fell for it too. I frequently find it harder to spot sarcasm on the internet sometimes, you either sort of have to know who is writing it, or it has to be really obvious. 

Â