Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I suppose signing players and getting it right every single time happens at all clubs other than Villa.

Can you name another club who have recently bought four players (eg Sylla, Tonev, Luna and Helenius) then moved them all on a year later?

I suppose signing players and getting it right every single time happens at all clubs other than Villa.

Can you name another club who have recently bought four players (eg Sylla, Tonev, Luna and Helenius) then moved them all on a year later?

£8m is more than enough if you spend it wisely.

Can you name all the players signed for 8mill that have gone on to be success.

Their cost doesn’t guarantee naff all, apart from when Lambert spends it.

Liverpool: Aspas, Alberto, Borini, Ilori, Assaidi all lasted maximum a year, before being loaned out and/or sold.

Not like anything surprises me from a manager who has shown himself up as being worse than McLeish, but this has turned out to be a truly woeful signing.

I know he was cheap, but you'd expect him to have at least shown something because what did Lambert see in him in the first place?

I'd have expected at least a few decent appearances, or for him to be a decent bit part player, or for him to show a few moments of magic, but there's been the square root of **** all.

It's like me going down to the supermarket, seeing the toothpaste is on offer and thinking: "That's just the job for painting my fences". Sure, it'd be cheap, but it would also be useless, unfit for purpose, and a totally inexplicable purchase (which just about sums up Tonev).

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Liverpool: Aspas, Alberto, Borini, Ilori, Assaidi all lasted maximum a year, before being loaned out and/or sold.

Chelsea Bought Matic, loaned him out after a year, sold him after two years and then bought him back for 5 TIMES the price 2 years later.

Cardiff bought Cornelius for £6billion and sold him on 6 months later for a fraction.

Liverpool paid £7m for Aspas and have loaned him out.

Chelsea spent £9m on Moses and loaned him out.

Palace spent £6m on Gayle and he won't get a look in this year

Fulham spent £11m on Mitroglou, won't get their money back on that one.

Norwich £8.5 on Van Wolkswinkel, won't get their money back on that one.

Southamton £15m on Osvaldo, won't get their money back on that one.

Sunderland spent £6m on Altidore, won't get their money back on that one.

Fulham spent £4.5m on Parker, won't get their money back on that one.

Most of those clubs will have to pay off those players just to leave I would imagine. We took a couple of punts, it didn't work out. So stop being ridiculous.

So the manager says Tonev has been left at home because he is nursing an injury but people still act like they know better than the manager just to prove a point rather than dealing with facts....

Cardiff bought Cornelius for £6billion and sold him on 6 months later for a fraction.

Liverpool paid £7m for Aspas and have loaned him out.

Chelsea spent £9m on Moses and loaned him out.

Palace spent £6m on Gayle and he won't get a look in this year

Fulham spent £11m on Mitroglou, won't get their money back on that one.

Norwich £8.5 on Van Wolkswinkel, won't get their money back on that one.

Southamton £15m on Osvaldo, won't get their money back on that one.

Sunderland spent £6m on Altidore, won't get their money back on that one.

Fulham spent £4.5m on Parker, won't get their money back on that one.

Most of those clubs will have to pay off those players just to leave I would imagine. We took a couple of punts, it didn't work out. So stop being ridiculous.

Cardiff got robbed for Cornelius at that price....

The price goes up everytime I hear the story :)

I think it was £11m the last time.

Edited by rodders0223

So the manager says Tonev has been left at home because he is nursing an injury but people still act like they know better than the manager just to prove a point rather than dealing with facts....

It is a quiet day so people need something to moan about.

It is a quiet day so people need something to moan about.

Yep, sad really.

Interesting use of 'another club' when Villa haven't done it.

OOOSH

Aren't both Benteke and Kozac both carrying injuries too but they went to states?

I think this shows Tonev is no where near the first team squad.

Aren't both Benteke and Kozac both carrying injuries too but they went to states?

They are in recovery, Tonev could of injured himself in the match the other night or just before we left for the States and has to stay behind to get an operation or some other treatment.

Or that his injury is such that he isn't fit enough to travel or benefit from the trip and is better at BMH. While the other two are returning to training and at a completely different stage of recovering from injury.

• Like 2

I don't want to add to any confusion here but I was the one who asked PL about Tonev and Luna. I actually said have they played their last games for Villa.

The response was Luna was sorting out a loan and Tonev couldn't come because he had something to take care of. I may have missed the injury comment but I didn't specifically hear that.

I am not blowing my own horn here but my 10 minuets of fame at the meet and greet also saw me ask Delph if he was going to sign a new contract and he did say he had been at Villa a long time, was happy and would like to extend his stay.

I was going to ask 1 more question..... "would you accept a 10 million bid for Vlaar but they ran out of time".....

Edited by Texas_Mike
  • Like 3

Â