Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

I don't understand. Tonev had a bad game against Norwich, but imo (with the ball) there were a few players yesterday who were having an equal nightmare, but will never get the same level of silly comments: 'as bad as Michael Boulding'? But Tonev played well against Tottenham! He had a good game! He's only played about 3 times. 

Edited by praisedmambo

Hilarious watching people write players off one week then have people sing their praises a week or two later when they put in a good performance. 

It seems to have happened with most of our players but still people continue to do it and don't learn. 

• Like 4

people criticizing Tonev should head over to the KEA or Delph thread or before that im sure is a Petrov thread from 6 years back or maybe a Bouma one

Edited by Zatman

people criticizing Tonev should head over to the KEA or Delph thread or before that im sure is a Petrov thread from 6 years back or maybe a Bouma one

We shouldn't be writing him off, I agree with you on that, but I also think it's entirely acceptable to criticise his performance is he plays badly - as he has done. From what I saw against Tottingham, he undoubtedly has some ability, he just needs to learn how and when to use it.

How many pages will this thread go before everybody comes to the conclusion he is rubbish. Even if one if his 'atomic strikes' does find its way anywhere near the goal, it will equate to around one on target in something like 172 attempts (basically every time he gets the ball)

We all had 'that' kid in out junior teams that did the same annoying shoot from anywhere tactic and lose the ball.

How many pages will this thread go before everybody comes to the conclusion he is rubbish. Even if one if his 'atomic strikes' does find its way anywhere near the goal, it will equate to around one on target in something like 172 attempts (basically every time he gets the ball)

We all had 'that' kid in out junior teams that did the same annoying shoot from anywhere tactic and lose the ball.

Yeah but if the manager is instructing him to shoot on sight then you can't really blame him, can you?

He obviously needs to find his feet in this league. He's obviously doing something in training to impress the coaching staff. Just needs time to settle down. He looks as if he's permanently rushing things, maybe it's because he's eager to impress, maybe he's a bit nervous, or maybe he's just not adapted to the pace of the league so is trying to get things done as fast as possible.

Let's give him til next season so he has time to adapt. I admit, i've not been impressed with him so far, but it's far too early to write him off.

• Like 1

How many pages will this thread go before everybody comes to the conclusion he is rubbish.

Well, in theory however many pages are put into this thread over the space of the next year or so. Delph, Petrov, Downing, etc. were all terrible for Villa a lot longer than Tonev has been so far. Dismissing a player in his first season is madness, doing it after 2 starts for a cub, I don't know what to say.

Problem is, i cant see him getting too many chances, injuries permitting.

People need to stop with all the he's not good enough bull... He's 23, come from the Polish league which isn't the best league, he's started 2 games, he's played not even 250mins of English football, he had 2 pre season games (Correct me if I'm wrong he got injured in his first pre season game in Germany?), give the lad time!!!! it's just unbelievable that after 2 starts in the Prem that he's getting wrote off as a dud, yes if in a year or two's time he gets sold for pittance then you can all ridicule me!

• Like 2

I reckon he'll turn out a decent player, there's defo something there which i'll agree we've not seen too much of yet, but it's there.

I honestly cannot believe the impatience of some fans.

As in the above post, I'm open to ridicule if he turns out to be a failure.

• Like 1

People need to stop with all the he's not good enough bull... He's 23, come from the Polish league which isn't the best league, he's started 2 games, he's played not even 250mins of English football, he had 2 pre season games (Correct me if I'm wrong he got injured in his first pre season game in Germany?), give the lad time!!!! it's just unbelievable that after 2 starts in the Prem that he's getting wrote off as a dud, yes if in a year or two's time he gets sold for pittance then you can all ridicule me!

wasnt it just 1 PL start ;)

Â