Serious incident in Woolwich

The_Rev

Basically it's a racist attack, but political correctness requires it to be dressed up as something else, thus giving credence to whatever 'cause' the perpetrators claim.

Racist? What do you mean? More likely political if the guy they attacked was a soldier.

As i stated, giving credence to the cause.

If the perpetrator's survive, then they should be charged with racially aggravated murder.

Let's hope that they don't, and we are spared the fundamentalist showcase.

• Like 1

Basically it's a racist attack, but political correctness requires it to be dressed up as something else, thus giving credence to whatever 'cause' the perpetrators claim.

Racist? What do you mean? More likely political if the guy they attacked was a soldier.

If the perpetrator's survive, then they should be charged with racially aggravated murder.

I am trying to work out why you think it was to do with his race? It seems like he was attacked because he was a soldier, we don't actually know if he was even white do we? I don't see where racial attack has come into it from what we know so far?

These two loons clearly wanted maximum publicity and it looks like they have achieved just that. Nice to see the British press helping out their cause.

Yeah, they shouldn't report stuff like this and the video of the attacker explaining why he did it should not have been shown. It just fuels the whole "it was political and a targeted attack."

Cowards

Ran him over first so he was unconscious and couldn't fight back

We all know what happened last time a man got shot dead in London by the police and the trouble that followed it...

I'm sure there will be reprisals for this from certain groups for this atrocity

I really do not feel safe in this country anymore my brother is in the army and he will probably be safer in Afghanistan when he goes there on his next tour

Disgraceful

Edited by AshVilla

I am trying to work out why you think it was to do with his race? It seems like he was attacked because he was a soldier, we don't actually know if he was even white do we? I don't see where racial attack has come into it from what we know so far?

The victim's ethnicity is irrelevant. He was a British soldier, and the perpetrators have been reported as jabbering on about "their lands". The word 'racist' has been misused for so long that its meaning has broadened widely-remember that Emmanuel Petit called Villa supporters 'racist' for their behaviour towards him.

If the government allow this to be declared a terrorist attack (and they will), then the 'cause' is being glorified further, potentially emboldening other disaffected people to carry out similar atrocities.

More news...

The Police independent complaints commission were amongst some of the first people on the scene after the shooting

Now... What else were the police expected to do after being ran at by a guy with a machete and a gun reach out and shake their hand?

Compensation for the victims please....

Don't be a goose. The incident will be checked out to make sure every thing was above board and there will be no case to answer. 

Just be thankful you live in a country were police can't shoot people with no consequence, there are plenty of shit holes in the world with no independent complaints commission. 

• Like 2

But how would the killers know he was a soldier if he wasn't wearing fatigues or anything...

Well the media said he was wearing a help for heroes t-shirt and the attack happened next to an army barracks

I'm not saying it makes sense because it doesn't as myself and probably quite a few others on this message board also own the same kind of t-shirt and are not in the armed forces i think this was a planned attack and the poor guy was probably seen exiting the barracks earlier on in the day or something

Edited by AshVilla

The victim's ethnicity is irrelevant. He was a British soldier, and the perpetrators have been reported as jabbering on about "their lands". The word 'racist' has been misused for so long that its meaning has broadened widely-remember that Emmanuel Petit called Villa supporters 'racist' for their behaviour towards him.

If the government allow this to be declared a terrorist attack (and they will), then the 'cause' is being glorified further, potentially emboldening other disaffected people to carry out similar atrocities.

How can you claim it was about race in once sentence but say ethnicity is irrelevant in the next?

How can you claim it was about race in once sentence but say ethnicity is irrelevant in the next?

With respect my explanation immediately followed the statement regarding the victim's ethnicity.

With respect my explanation immediately followed the statement regarding the victim's ethnicity.

I think we may have different definitions of 'race' and 'racist'. 

We should send more soldiers over to Afghanistan, to redouble our efforts in this war against terror.

I cant tell if your being sarcastic or serious? After what happened earlier I cant tell anymore  :mellow:

• Like 1

Â