West Ham

benireduk

Anyone else find it strange that West Ham are now bidding record fees now that they've been "given" the Olympic Stadium? The whole thing stinks.

They sell Upton Park to pay off their debts, and get a nearly new stadium for peanuts. All of a sudden they can afford to bid £15m for Carroll.

All tax paying football fans are funding West Ham in a way. Totally ridiculous.

In think most teams will be able to afford £10-15 million investments because of the new TV deal. I think £15 million is probably a fair price, in some ways I think he's improved since he left Newcastle.

It also makes me feel £8-10 million for Bent isn't out of the question.

Hate the game not the player. They're seizing their opportunity and more power to them. They are one of the more stable sides in the Prem at the moment and they are trying to become part of the new 2nd tier in the league. Sam's doing a damn good job there and if they get Carroll on a permanent deal (a striker who is above them) then they will be well on the way to where they want to be.

2.5mil for an 80,000 seater stadium is a joke, it'll push West Ham very far up the table.

they don't have 80,000 fans though, if they average more that 50k in that stadium ill suck off an horse.

2.5mil for an 80,000 seater stadium is a joke, it'll push West Ham very far up the table.

they don't have 80,000 fans though, if they average more that 50k in that stadium ill suck off an horse.

1210255252_470x353_laughing-horse.jpg

Bring it on!!!!!

• Like 2

The stadium will be 50,000 when it's rebuilt. That the thing that pisses me off its costing £110 million to rebuild it. And it will take almost 100 years to for Wet Spam to pay it off.

Selling the land your old ground was on to become tenants in a new stadium owned by the council isn't a guaranteed recipe for success:

sGSHXno.jpg

Selling the land your old ground was on to become tenants in a new stadium owned by the council isn't a guaranteed recipe for success:

sGSHXno.jpg

Coventry weren't in the Premier League when they moved to the Ricoh. They didn't fill it and couldn't pay the rent because of the loss of revenue. The difference is every tax payer paid for the Olympic Stadium, and West Ham are using it to clear their debts, whilst generating more income. It's a win win for them.

Coventry were in the Premier League when they set the Ricoh deal up.   It's entirely possible West Ham could be relegated again at some point in the near future, fail to fill the new stadium and flounder much like Coventry did.    I think that situation is every bit as likely as the deal somehow magically transforming them into financial juggernauts.  The most likely outcome will be somewhere in the middle. 

sGSHXno.jpg

Coventry weren't in the Premier League when they moved to the Ricoh. They didn't fill it and couldn't pay the rent because of the loss of revenue. The difference is every tax payer paid for the Olympic Stadium, and West Ham are using it to clear their debts, whilst generating more income. It's a win win for them.

wasnt City stadium also council built and they werent up to much until they found a sheikh

I do fear West Ham becoming a bigger club now, on a par with a team like Spurs say.

They've got the fanbase, just not the history, that could change.

you know they won the World Cup  B)

They like to think they have  a big fanbase, but we'll have to wait and see on that front. For those who have read soccernomics generally speaking if you build a bigger and better stadium you usually attract  more fans to your games. 

They like to think they have  a big fanbase, but we'll have to wait and see on that front. For those who have read soccernomics generally speaking if you build a bigger and better stadium you usually attract  more fans to your games. 

Depends on how much you charge them too. Be better to fill the stadium at a reduced admission and make up the shortfall with stadium vending sales etc.

Â