West Ham

benireduk

Because Allardyce plays a percentage game with a big man up front, he's hoping that at least one of the crosses the big man gets his head to will be a goal scoring opportunity. Pretty easy to nullify though. However they will scrape enough points to survive.

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 1

Carroll is not a bad player though. He is a target for ridicule because of the fee Liverpool paid for him but if he had moved straight to West Ham from Newcastle he'd still be a respectable player.

His injury record isn't great either.  This is the third time in four seasons he has missed 10+ games through injury.  Perhaps reports that he isn't living the life of an athlete have something to them?

Carroll is not a bad player though. He is a target for ridicule because of the fee Liverpool paid for him but if he had moved straight to West Ham from Newcastle he'd still be a respectable player.

He still went to West Ham for a ridiculous fee though. £15m wasn't it?

It just amazes me that such an average player has racked up a combined transfer fee of £50m - and he's still only 24.

Edited by Mantis

He still went to West Ham for a ridiculous fee though. £15m wasn't it?

It just amazes me that such an average player has racked up a combined transfer fee of £50m - and he's still only 24.

To be fair a lot of players could've racked up that total fee. Just would take a lot of moves.

If Bowery got transferred 90 times he'd have that total!

This

he's not a bad player. He's just not a £35m player.

I think if he'd stayed fit he could justify £15m. Especially for West Ham who can really play to his strengths.

But that's a big if right there. And clearly he hasn't stayed fit so it makes my point a bit invalid.

Carroll is hardly prolific though and he apparently won't return until January

Exactly. He's really not that good himself.

Pretty sure his goal record was decent when he played last season and he contributed to West Ham wins. At least he'll be a focal point in their attack, at this moment they have nothing up there.

When are West Ham moving into the Olympic stadium? What's clear is for that to work and them to get decent attendances there, they absolutely cannot be playing championship football.

I think that's one of the reasons they've kept Big Sam on as he's never been relegated from the premier league.

Yes funny thing is Sam has got more experience of fighting relegation than any other manager. i think that must tell you something! Give him the United job he'd turn them into a relegation team.

He has spent a lot of money at West Ham. Far more than Lambert has with us. We sometimes underestimate how good Lambert is.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Yes funny thing is Sam has got more experience of fighting relegation than any other manager. i think that must tell you something! Give him the United job he'd turn them into a relegation team.

He has spent a lot of money at West Ham. Far more than Lambert has with us. We sometimes underestimate how good Lambert is.[/quote

Look at the clubs he's managed. Took Bolton to Europe for heavens sake.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â