• Lowton
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Bent (on for Benteke 79)

Above Newcastle on goal difference. Who'd have thought that at the start of the weekend?

16 Newcastle 34 -17 37
17 Aston V 34 -27 34

To

16 Aston V 35 -22 37

17 Newcastle 35 -23 37

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 3

Could turn out to be effectively 4 pts with the huge boost to our goal difference.

Defence- shaky in the first half, solid second. Vlaar is an enigma in that its no surprise we have become a more solid team since his return from injury, at the same time our defence is weak as he is our 'best' defender. I would be happier if he was our 2nd best defender. 

Bennet is growing as a player each match as he gets experience. If he can bulk up a bit over teh summer I think he will be a good player for us.

Lowton joint MOM for me, constant attacking threat and solid in defence, almost played as a winger at times.

I really like our midfield trio, it has a nice balance of craft workrate, physicality and intelligence. Provides a really solid base for our strikers. All were excellent today.

OUr forwards also have a nice blend, pace and strength of Gabby, workrate and runs of Andi and Benteke is the complete package.

I think if we can stay up and Lambert can pull 3 players out of the bag of the same standard as Lowton, Westood and Benteke for 15 million each year we have a bright future.

• Like 1

great performance against a team who looked surprisingly shit, Johnson Larson and sessegnon all looked poor which meant graham looked even worse

however

for once we looked good going forwards, had a little bit of luck for once, had some great finishing for some of the goals and ripped the sh1t out of them

guzan 8

lowton 9

baker 7

vlaar 8 ( he gets an extra point for his goal)

Bennett 6

westwood 8

delph 8

sylla 8 ( would have got a 9 if he had managed to pass the ball forwards instead of break up several forward moves)

gabby 8 worked harder in the second half, the ball didn't run for him tonight, poor decisions and bad touches but took his goal well and also involved in other goals

weiman 8 like gabby, unlucky with 4 or 5 shots which on another day would go in, great goal

benteke 9 greedy mofo, don't you just love him, marked out of the game first half but still manages a hatrick.. beast

crowd - 10

and breath

Really didn't see that coming - even at 3-1

Only down side is it makes the relegation calculations very complex ....

Just one thing to know, a win against Norwich, and there's no way we go down looking at other teams' fixtures.

Great result today, long overdue.

Lowton, Westwood and Benteke on excellent form. Bennett was very good tonight as well. I was hoping for Bent to get one in too.

Let's not get carried away just yet. Next up Norwich, a game we can easily win if we perform like we did tonight.

a win next weekend could see us up to 14th or 13th position, Hello mid-table

dont know what to say

it will take a while to come down from that

everyone superb

i cant believe Di Canio has lost a match

i wonder if Sky will criticise him as much as they bummed his 2 wins and Sergio Georgini suits

not likely

get the f**k in Villa you were men tonight after a season of acting like boys

well played Lambert aswell

Â