UKIP Nutters

bickster

The MoJ has a simple policy.

Something is considered racist if it is perceived by somebody directly concerned as racist. The level of punishment or reprimand may well vary to prevent somebody being a serial nuisance accuser. But there is no debate over whether something is racist, if somebody says it is, it is.

No, if I said that if one was a lesser offense than the other, then that would imply that certain races are more important than others. I said that differences have to be acknowledged and taken into account - a vague phrase admittedly but not one that suggests the two should be tried and judged differently. All I (and plenty of others) ask is that context (historical and contemporary) is taken into account when you are, say, judging the offensiveness of cultural appropriation.

You said they shouldn't be treated the same. I'm sure we can both agree that all racism is bad so how do you treat them differently without inevitably treating one as worse than the other? Furthermore, you separated racism into two groups (against whites and against ethnic minorities) yet that implies that whites all have the same background and ethnic minorities all have the same background when we both know it's more complex than that.

I just don't know how you can use the race of the victim as the measure for how an incident of racism should be treated. It's just not relevant.

The MoJ has a simple policy.

Something is considered racist if it is perceived by somebody directly concerned as racist. The level of punishment or reprimand may well vary to prevent somebody being a serial nuisance accuser. But there is no debate over whether something is racist, if somebody says it is, it is.

thats a terrible idea. Astoundingly so. Comprehensively the dumbest way of defining something there is.

Part of me suspects that Farage is probably quite happy about the furore as he knows that the type of voter he will likely attract will put it down to further 'political correctness gone mad'. In fact, the whole thing has just served to provide them with more publicity, I'm sure they are very pleased with the whole episode.

Part of me suspects that Farage is probably quite happy about the furore as he knows that the type of voter he will likely attract will put it down to further 'political correctness gone mad'. In fact, the whole thing has just served to provide them with more publicity, I'm sure they are very pleased with the whole episode.

I think it also has a certain amount of deflection from UKIPs new European partner

I was driving home and had it on the radio , all I could hear was some woman interrupting everyone ( was it Caroline Flint ?) some clearing in the woods who did the "posh boys " line and got whoops of delight from the dimwits in the audience to the point he did it again 4 minutes later and Alex Salmond giving it large even though he came second in a two horse race

I switched off and listened to absolute 80's at that point as I actually started shouting at my radio

I was driving home and had it on the radio , all I could hear was some woman interrupting everyone ( was it Caroline Flint ?) some clearing in the woods who did the "posh boys " line and got whoops of delight from the dimwits in the audience to the point he did it again 4 minutes later and Alex Salmond giving it large even though he came second in a two horse race

I switched off and listened to absolute 80's at that point as I actually started shouting at my radio

Play Question Time Bingo, and award yourself a 'like' and a left wing round of applause every time you hear one of the following:

Bankers' bonuses

Rich mates in the city

That would pay for 20,000 nurses

Privatise the NHS

Race to the bottom

• Like 1

I think we should use the 20,000 nurses and divisions thereof as the officicial currency of the UK.  "Today Arsenal announced the signing of new striker Dejan Pendowski from Sparta Prague.  The fee was believed to be in the region of 3,500 nurses, with add ons of two bankers' bonuses if they win the Champions League".

the lefties will never agree to it unless you throw in a reference to how much tax they avoided paying as part of the deal

• Like 1

Cant work out Tony are you a Tory or UKIP, as you seem in favour of both, or just anti "lefties". You seem so normal in every other aspect.

really?

I don't think you've read enough of his posts ... :P

• Like 2

Cant work out Tony are you a Tory or UKIP, as you seem in favour of both, or just anti "lefties". You seem so normal in every other aspect.

I'd be classed as Tory (if I voted)    ... it's not a blind allegiance but their policies  "in the main" seem  to reflect my views  . ( when I've done those various online tests my "views" seem to be Tory on the economy, Labour on Education and Libs on Social ... but on the whole there is a Tory slant towards it )

I've no time for UKIP but I think its foolish  when people dismiss them (and their supporters) as bonkers and what not  ... put them on QT and so on ,  hear what they have to say and dissect the policies and what they say ..screeching non stop at them actually seems to back fire , lets face it a lot of people have no real interest in politics but UKIP are managing to engage those people ..and could secure their "X" on the day  ... the more you engage them the more their policies will fall apart .

I do have a huge bias against Lefties and Green supporters its true ... but I also have a huge bias against the French , cyclists , Northerners , wine drinkers  ,cyclists , people that wear caps , Snowy :P , cyclists and people that wear suits

• Like 2

In all fairness, I am a lefty, but I always say with right wing leanings as I am pretty harsh when it comes to crime and punishment, and I have a huge bias against the French, the scotch, cyclists and people that wear trilbys.

• Like 1

...the French , cyclists , Northerners , wine drinkers  ,cyclists , people that wear caps , Snowy :P , cyclists and people that wear suits

You'd never make a Tebbit. :)

He's also slyly revealing he hates BoJo.

I think we should use the 20,000 nurses and divisions thereof as the officicial currency of the UK.  "Today Arsenal announced the signing of new striker Dejan Pendowski from Sparta Prague.  The fee was believed to be in the region of 3,500 nurses, with add ons of two bankers' bonuses if they win the Champions League".

the lefties will never agree to it unless you throw in a reference to how much tax they avoided paying as part of the deal

And how many rich boys school fees are involved

I'd be classed as Tory (if I voted)    ... it's not a blind allegiance but their policies  "in the main" seem  to reflect my views  . ( when I've done those various online tests my "views" seem to be Tory on the economy, Labour on Education and Libs on Social ... but on the whole there is a Tory slant towards it )

I've no time for UKIP but I think its foolish  when people dismiss them (and their supporters) as bonkers and what not  ... put them on QT and so on ,  hear what they have to say and dissect the policies and what they say ..screeching non stop at them actually seems to back fire , lets face it a lot of people have no real interest in politics but UKIP are managing to engage those people ..and could secure their "X" on the day  ... the more you engage them the more their policies will fall apart .

I do have a huge bias against Lefties and Green supporters its true ... but I also have a huge bias against the French , cyclists , Northerners , wine drinkers  ,cyclists , people that wear caps , Snowy :P , cyclists and people that wear suits

For me it's lefties, cyclists, shandy drinking southerners, Big Country fans, scruffs who don't wear suits to work, women who take too long to find their purse in a queue in a shop, the French, and erm, Snowy.

Â