UKIP Nutters

bickster

There are plenty of differences in policies and views. I just find this "They're all the same" argument to be pretty weak to be honest.

Thye argue about the things they want to argue about - there's so much that's similar that it's unreal - I don't hear Labour talking about social inequality, about strengthening unions, nationalisation, transferring powers from banks, strengthening the NHS or any of the things they're supposed to stand for. On the major economic and social themes, they're the same - tools of a corporate, banking and military structure.

• Like 4

Absolutely OBE. The differences are in the detail but in the big picture they are essentially the same.Its a branding exercise.

No different to being out shopping and wanting a coffee. Will it be Costa, Starbucks or Caffe Nero?

I suppose it's because anyone with power are from Tory based education and so the only people with actual left wing views are in the working class. Every part of the current political spectrum seems to be right wing or right wing with liberal tendencies.

There are plenty of differences in policies and views. I just find this "They're all the same" argument to be pretty weak to be honest.

Thye argue about the things they want to argue about - there's so much that's similar that it's unreal - I don't hear Labour talking about social inequality, about strengthening unions, nationalisation, transferring powers from banks, strengthening the NHS or any of the things they're supposed to stand for. On the major economic and social themes, they're the same - tools of a corporate, banking and military structure.

You don't hear it?

The reasons I will be voting Labour in May are for the living wage, with the aim to raise living standards for those at the lower end of the pay scale. I agree with their plans to raise taxes for the highest earners, while bringing back the 10p tax rate, in turn funded by a tax on mansions.

Pledging to finally tax banker bonuses, which will be used to help fund the creation of new jobs for young unemployed people.

I completely disagree with the bedroom tax and I'm glad to see that Labour will get rid of the disgusting thing.

I agree with their plans to put controls on the energy companies to stop them raising prices year after year despite making huge profits. Though I don't know the full details, I'm in favour of their proposals to renationalise the railways so that maybe we can get rid of the extortionate prices the railways charge.

I completely agree with their plans to put more money into the NHS to bring in more doctors and nurses. Their pledge to guarantee that you will be tested for cancer within 1 week if you are suspected of having it which will be funded by a levy on tobacco companies.

Those are just some of the things that I've heard coming from Labour. I don't think the Tories are likely to be offering the same. None of UKIP's policies appeal to me, especially being the son of an immigrant and being overall in favour of the EU. The Green Party don't appeal to me either for reasons I've been over before.

To me personally, Labour are the only ones really offering the policies I agree with, none of the other parties are which to me would suggest that they're not all the same.

• Like 1

All polices designed on the back of a fag packet by Ed as he jumped from bandwagon to bandwagon

He's spent that mansion tax about 67 times over and it won't raise anywhere enough money ... it's just designed to be a headline grabber like the 50p tax rate that also did bugger all

He spouted faux anger over Amazon and their tax avoidance and then labour promptly sign up guess which company to collect online donations for them ... Step forward Amazon

That's why all the parties are the same as they spout populist bull , but they are all the same hypocrites at heart

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

I don't vote

But the one time ( maybe twice ?) that I did I voted Tory ... Back when I voted their was a huge difference between Labour and Tory .. There hasn't been since Blair did what he had to do to get elected which was essentially become the same party as the Tory party

I don't vote

But the one time ( maybe twice ?) that I did I voted Tory ... Back when I voted their was a huge difference between Labour and Tory .. There hasn't been since Blair did what he had to do to get elected which was essentially become the same party as the Tory party

Same party, very different policies?

I don't vote

Tony & Russell sitting in a tree...

Tbh it's more that a pot plant could stand for the Tory party here and would still win a huge majority ... my vote isn't really required ... So it's more bone idleness than any political statement I'm making

I don't vote

Same party, very different policies?

Well that's where the rest of VT seems to be disagreeing with you :)

Ajax.

1) labour aren't committed to the living wage. Currently £8:80 in London £7:65 elsewher. Labour have said min wage of £8 by 2020. They aren't even close to it

2) When did Labour say they were going to renationalise the railways? Clue: They haven't

Both are however Green Party policy along with renationalising the energy companies which is far better than "putting controls on"

If you want most of that Labour really isn't the party for you

• Like 3

Ajax.

1) labour aren't committed to the living wage. Currently £8:80 in London £7:65 elsewher. Labour have said min wage of £8 by 2020. They aren't even close to it

2) When did Labour say they were going to renationalise the railways? Clue: They haven't

Both are however Green Party policy along with renationalising the energy companies which is far better than "putting controls on"

If you want most of that Labour really isn't the party for you

1. Fair enough, though I do agree with an increase.

2. Sorry, they plan to partly renationalise... still agree with it.

From the BBC

Another from the Telegraph

It was voted for back in last year's conference I believe and there have been many stories about it since.

So Labour aren't going to be offering the policies that I've mentioned? ... the policies that I have actually taken from Labour?

Correct Ajax, read the article on the Torygraph. Allowing a state owned franchise to bid on other franchises is a whole world apart from nationalisation. I've already explained why Labour haven't committed to the living wage

• Like 2

Correct Ajax, read the article on the Torygraph. Allowing a state owned franchise to bid on other franchises is a whole world apart from nationalisation. I've already explained why Labour haven't committed to the living wage

You've spoken about two policies out of the many. Are Labour not pledging to scrap the bedroom tax? Increase tax on the highest earners? mansion tax? banker bonus tax? And so on?

Levying a charge of £3,000 a year on homes worth £2-3 million will raise £140 million, according to Savills.

How many nurses is that under the Risso formula ?

Daniel Hannan used the Risso formula last night on Channel 4, in an interview about the £1.7bn surcharge.

I can't remember how many nurses it equated to but it was quite a lot.

• Like 1

Levying a charge of £3,000 a year on homes worth £2-3 million will raise £140 million, according to Savills.

How many nurses is that under the Risso formula

Having considered the mansion tax, and initially thought it might have legs, on further consideration I believe it would be an unbelievably bad idea as it has been presented.

There's simply no need to try and punish the hard working rich and the privileged by cruelly charging them a punitive few hundred pound a month for owning multi million pound properties.

We should just increase the bedroom tax that scroungers and scum have to pay.

• Like 1

Â