UKIP Nutters

bickster

I feel sorry that he died with such contempt for the idea of God. I wish he had been saved, frankly. How's that for an American perspective lol!?!

Well, that's the worst thing I've read on here in quite a while.

Worst in what sense?

Least good.

I feel sorry that he died with such contempt for the idea of God. I wish he had been saved, frankly. How's that for an American perspective lol!?!

Well, that's the worst thing I've read on here in quite a while.

Worst in what sense?

Least good.

Alas, you can be sure of one thing: Christopher Hitchens doesn't care. 

Edited by Plastic Man

Whatever the opposite of inspiring a hard-on is, this face, I aver, only produces that.

Noshing for eternity, no chance of relief :mellow:

Edited by Xann

Looks like we got ourselves a belieeeever... get on over to the religion thread, Plastic Man, and come armed for bear.

No interest! Whoever you think you think I am, that's about the last thing I'd be interested in! 

• Like 1

Churchill came from an era very much in the past...there is always a concern when you judge people of the past from our enlightened times

How about those people who judged him during his own times?

I think there's a fair bit of a cop out in the 'man of his time' stuff - especially as Churchill seemed to rather buck against the easy path/norm throughout his life.

I don't know how keen every man and his dog were to be gassing 'uncivilized tribes' - that Churchill wrote of a 'squeamishness' with regard to the measure would suggest that it wasn't actually the done thing of the age.

• Like 2

Churchill came from an era very much in the past...there is always a concern when you judge people of the past from our enlightened times

How about those people who judged him during his own times?

I think there's a fair bit of a cop out in the 'man of his time' stuff - especially as Churchill seemed to rather buck against the easy path/norm throughout his life.

I don't know how keen every man and his dog were to be gassing 'uncivilized tribes' - that Churchill wrote of a 'squeamishness' with regard to the measure would suggest that it wasn't actually the done thing of the age.

Wasn't his argument that Gas was more merciful than being ripped to shreds by artillery and likely to result in the enemy surrender with less loss of life ?

He may have had a point , I remember when I was 10 having 2 teeth taken out and the dentist used gas rather than 2 rounds from a browning

• Like 1

Wasn't his argument that Gas was more merciful than being ripped to shreds by artillery and likely to result in the enemy surrender with less loss of life ?

Hmm. As per other threads of the day, I'd suggest that's the Enola Gay defence.

Â