UKIP Nutters

bickster

Cant work out Tony are you a Tory or UKIP, as you seem in favour of both, or just anti "lefties". You seem so normal in every other aspect.

but I also have a huge bias against the French , cyclists , Northerners , wine drinkers  ,cyclists , people that wear caps , Snowy :P , cyclists and people that wear suits

Missed a big one there

Given that Cameron has told the EU he won't be paying BBC it won't make much of a difference unless she actually does pay.

David Cameron has angrily insisted the UK will not pay £1.7bn being demanded by the European Union by next month.

"If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another thing coming," the prime minister said in Brussels. "It is not going to happen."

He said the demand was "totally unacceptable" and no way for the EU to behave - and he wanted to examine how they arrived at the amount.

EU finance ministers have agreed to the UK's request for emergency talks.

The demand from Brussels would add about a fifth to the UK's annual net EU contribution of £8.6bn.

'Lethal weapon'

Mr Cameron said he was "downright angry" and said the British public would find the "vast" sum "totally unacceptable".

"It is an unacceptable way for this organisation to work - to suddenly present a bill like this for such a vast sum of money with so little time to pay it," he said.

"It is an unacceptable way to treat a country which is one of the biggest contributors to the EU."

He added: "We are not going suddenly to get out our cheque book and write a cheque for 2bn euros. It is not going to happen."

He sounded like a prime minister unleashed; by turns scornful and furious, lectern thumping, downright angry.

It seemed he was doing exactly what UKIP leader Nigel Farage demanded - refusing the European Commission any money at all.

But David Cameron was well in control.

He said he would not pay on 1 December, but did not rule out paying later.

He accepted the principle of a fluctuating EU budget that meant bills went up as well as down.

After that performance he cannot, and surely will not, pay what the Commission demands.

But by how far can he negotiate down the bill? Half of £1.7bn, a quarter, a third; all represent big money.

Were he to refuse to pay whatever the Commission finally demands, could he still persuade EU leaders in vital, future negotiations?

For a party leader battling Mr Farage, the pictures on the TV news tonight will be perfect.

If his diplomats can't do a decent deal, they will come back to haunt him.

Edited by blandy

Given that Cameron has told the EU he won't be paying BBC it won't make much of a difference unless she actually does pay. 

David Cameron has angrily insisted the UK will not pay £1.7bn being demanded by the European Union by next month.

"If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another thing coming," the prime minister said in Brussels. "It is not going to happen."

He said the demand was "totally unacceptable" and no way for the EU to behave - and he wanted to examine how they arrived at the amount.

EU finance ministers have agreed to the UK's request for emergency talks.

The demand from Brussels would add about a fifth to the UK's annual net EU contribution of £8.6bn.

'Lethal weapon'

Mr Cameron said he was "downright angry" and said the British public would find the "vast" sum "totally unacceptable".

"It is an unacceptable way for this organisation to work - to suddenly present a bill like this for such a vast sum of money with so little time to pay it," he said.

"It is an unacceptable way to treat a country which is one of the biggest contributors to the EU."

He added: "We are not going suddenly to get out our cheque book and write a cheque for 2bn euros. It is not going to happen."

He sounded like a prime minister unleashed; by turns scornful and furious, lectern thumping, downright angry.

It seemed he was doing exactly what UKIP leader Nigel Farage demanded - refusing the European Commission any money at all.

But David Cameron was well in control.

He said he would not pay on 1 December, but did not rule out paying later.

He accepted the principle of a fluctuating EU budget that meant bills went up as well as down.

After that performance he cannot, and surely will not, pay what the Commission demands.

But by how far can he negotiate down the bill? Half of £1.7bn, a quarter, a third; all represent big money.

Were he to refuse to pay whatever the Commission finally demands, could he still persuade EU leaders in vital, future negotiations?

For a party leader battling Mr Farage, the pictures on the TV news tonight will be perfect.

If his diplomats can't do a decent deal, they will come back to haunt him.

He was a bit careful with his words wasn't he ? Just said he wouldn't pay it  on time

talking tough but giving himself an out  ...

as always I can't help think of Yes Prime Minister  when I see these sort of headlines  .. evil EU , how dare they   .. followed by a victory for Cameron a few weeks down the line when he gives them what for

problem Cameron has is I think he often switched off the TV before the end of the show and doesn't know how he is supposed to play it out

• Like 3

Cant work out Tony are you a Tory or UKIP, as you seem in favour of both, or just anti "lefties". You seem so normal in every other aspect.

but I also have a huge bias against the French , cyclists , Northerners , wine drinkers  ,cyclists , people that wear caps , Snowy :P , cyclists and people that wear suits

Missed a big one there

from the teacher friends cluttering up my facebook feed they are covered under wine drinkers already so I didn't feel the need to mention them, twice

• Like 2

He was a bit careful with his words wasn't he ? Just said he wouldn't pay it  on time

Indeed.

"If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another think coming..."

Edit: I presume the second 'think' is a Beeb typo -- though, as he was rather het up (he got in a tangle with something else he was trying to say, didn't he?), it may have been what he said.

Edited by snowychap

Exactly Scott. we'll pay it as well, maybe not on time but we'll pay it. Its based on the figures we gave them, which have recently been changed by this government so GDP looks bigger… epic fail methinks

We've apparently included money from the Black Economy including things like prostitution. Nice to know members of the cabinet are contributing...

• Like 2

He was a bit careful with his words wasn't he ? Just said he wouldn't pay it on time

Indeed.

"If people think I am paying that bill on 1 December, they have another think coming..."

Edit: I presume the second 'think' is a Beeb typo -- though, as he was rather het up (he got in a tangle with something else he was trying to say, didn't he?), it may have been what he said.

Eh? Where's the typo?

He was a bit careful with his words wasn't he ? Just said he wouldn't pay it on time

Indeed.

Eh? Where's the typo?

Oh you've done it now  ...

Snowy and Mike will now duke it out for English language supremacy

Newman-and-Baddiel-History-Today.jpg

• Like 1

Indeed.

Eh? Where's the typo?

Is it supposed to be 'another think coming' rather than thing, then?

Indeed.

Eh? Where's the typo?

guess that Eton education wasn't wasted on Cameron after all :P

Oh you've done it now  ...

Why so?

If I've got it wrong then I'd prefer to be told and then, if my memory works*, I'll hope to get it right in the future. :)

*It may not, though, as I have a vague recollection, now, of having been told something about this before.

Edited by snowychap

Indeed.

Eh? Where's the typo?
Yes, but... that's what it says.
  • Like 1

Yes, but... that's what it says.

:unsure:

Yep.

An idiom is used and the BBC report it; I (mistakenly. it would appear - though not uncommonly so) believe the wording to be incorrect and thus presume it either to be a typo or a mistake by the original speaker.

The mistake would seem to have been mine thus there isn't, nor was there ever, a typo.

Edited by snowychap

Â