FIFA 14

hogso

You gave me a good run for my money though mate - and that 4-2 pasting as well.

I love that formation though.  It's really solid, and the wide CAMs play almost like wingers.  I switched it around when I played you and had Palacio on the left and Tevez in the middle for D'Alessandro.  Depending on the game I switch to 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1(2) in game and bring on Di Maria and Gaitan to have proper wingers.

Crespo though.  Almost unplayable sometimes.

• Like 1

I found that I was using sprint too much (Right Trigger on Xbox).  It was ok on FIFA13 because players had better control, but now you can only really sprint when you have space.

Don't be afraid to go slow, and use Left Trigger or Right Bumper when you want to change direction.

Might be better asking Sam, though, as he played against me last night and had his players changing direction on a sixpence.  Not sure what the technique was but even big lads like Pogba were switching direction in a heartbeat.

Here are some other good tips too - http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2675952.page

I use LB on Xbox, which is L1 on PS right? It slows your player right down and keeps the ball close to your feet, as long as your player has decent ball control stats you should be able to use it to change pace/direction.

Another trick is the double knock, usually if you tap your right analogue stick in the direction of your run your player will kick it ahead of himself, if you knock it twice in quick succession you'll hit it a lot further ahead. I only do this with players of around 90 pace because you can easily get muscled out of the way, but it helps you to get way ahead of the defence if your player is fast enough.

Use the arena to practice! :)

• Like 2

Tried playing this game today after a couple of months away. How is it still so broken after 5months? Still getting squad detection errors in Seasons every other game.

EA don't seem to believe in patches after the first month of a game, why bother when they can make you £40 for a new patch 11 months later?

• Like 1

"Searching for opponent"

*Connection to game lost*

"Searching for opponent"

"Opponent found"

Game loads..

Stadium appears..

*Squad file error detected* or it loads but picks the default team that the game shipped with

Such a shody game. I'm guessing it does the same on the XB1 too? I wish someone else got the rights to FIFA.

Thanks for the double knock on sam. Never used that before.

Game is still pretty shite though. Par for the course for EA. Think I'm just going to avoid their games for a while.

• Like 1

There's a triple knock too where he absolutely belts it!

Also - double tap shoot to keep the shot low.

And aim across the keeper when shooting and it has a way better chance of going in.

Oi, don't give my triple knock away! Haha

But yeah, it is difficult to always 'aim' your shot as such, but it makes a massive difference when you do. I'll be on tomorrow night BTW mate, few games if you are!

Decided to give UT a miss last night and just play some Online Seasons. And... I actually enjoyed playing Fifa for once. It seems like people actually want to play Fifa on Seasons rather than the sweaty pace abusing shite that's so popular on UT.

• Like 2

Decided to give UT a miss last night and just play some Online Seasons. And... I actually enjoyed playing Fifa for once. It seems like people actually want to play Fifa on Seasons rather than the sweaty pace abusing shite that's so popular on UT.

I've been smashing seasons with Villa. I get put against people who seemingly play with the teams they support too.

Tonev Benteke Gabby = Incredible

• Like 1

I've been smashing seasons with Villa. I get put against people who seemingly play with the teams they support too.

Tonev Benteke Gabby = Incredible

I've been playing as Borussia Monchengladbach, purely to ruin people with Arango's left foot :D been pretty successful so far and really enjoying it! It's a refreshing break from the BS of UT. 

Â