FIFA 14

hogso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7x0rcC8kc

Seems like just another way to rinse money out people IMO. I suppose being able to use international teams with their World Cup kits will be slightly cool outside of this new FUT, but still it wouldn't surprise me if the next game was just called "FIFA Ultimate Team" rather than "FIFA 15".

Edit:

So, it seems in this new mode, you can't even trade players - the only way to get new players is to.. you guessed it! Buy packs!

Edited by samjp26

I started playing season recently because I was sick of UT, and it was fine for a little while, but now I constantly get matched with 5 star clubs. I would use Czech and get matched against England, Germany, and even Spain. I didn't care at first because the people I was playing were pretty awful, but as I progressed, the opponents obviously got better. I picked CSKA as my team to use and today I have played Real Madrid 3 times, Atletico twice, Manchester City, Manchester United, and just now Dortmund. Here are my stats against the Dortmund kid

photo_zpsf57f3931.jpg

I completely dominated this guy but he somehow won. I went on countless breakaways but missed. I hit 4 posts. Him on the other hand, he scored a 90th minute goal to send it in overtime. In extra time I managed to get 7 shots off but missed them all. He scored a goal off a 30+ yard shot that somehow went in. Luckily he scored an OG to send it to penalties, but JESUS CHRIST in penalties my whole team just shit the bed. I only scored two goals by going right now the middle because whenever I tried to place it anywhere, it went so wide. He on the other managed to hit the post/bar on 3 separate occasions and they all went in. I haven't been this mad at this game in so long. 

Sounds like lag.  Whether that's down to the internet connection, or enforced by EA to "even things up" is a hotly debated topic.

It's certainly noticeable when players don't react the instant you press the button, even by a millisecond.  Shots get blocked, penalties get missed, games are undeservedly lost.  It seems like an EA tactic to make sure that n00bs get the encouragement to keep going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7x0rcC8kc

Seems like just another way to rinse money out people IMO. I suppose being able to use international teams with their World Cup kits will be slightly cool outside of this new FUT, but still it wouldn't surprise me if the next game was just called "FIFA Ultimate Team" rather than "FIFA 15".

Edit:

So, it seems in this new mode, you can't even trade players - the only way to get new players is to.. you guessed it! Buy packs!

Its only going to rinse money out of the people stupid enough to put money into it though. You an use the coins you already have on normal fifa which is what i'll be doing.

Played ultimate team world cup.

Lost in final but there's nothing else to do on on it.

Best player I had was khedira.

I played people who had messi and ronaldo.

Really not worth it stick to normal fut

Achieved my greatest FIFA moment tonight.

Me and my bro are pretty shit hot at 2v2. We ONLY play with Villa. I think we're currently ranked about 80ish in the world. Our record is about 250-40-40.

Tonight we won Division1 playing with completely manual settings (other than "save assistance" whatever that is) playing against other people with assisted controls.

To start with we were getting battered and nearly got relegated, then the second season we adjusted to the manual controls and blitzed it. Really good fun, really hard, but really fun!

I wish they would make it manual controls by default, the amount of work the AI does for you playing on assisted controls is crazy. It's only once you start playing manual you realise how hard FIFA actually is. 

Edited by PieFacE

Manual is so much fun but i find only when playing against other manual players, you cant play manual against the cpu for example because they are literally perfect while you're spooning it everywhere :D

Great fun though, always amazing to find that top corner or the perfect pass on manual.

yll.gif

PieFace every time I get a 90th minute equaliser :lol:

:lol:

Scripting... Scripting I tell ya!!!

haha nah, you're very good, if we weren't playing manual you would murder me. You're the exact type of player I'm really bad against, you hold the ball really well, and when I have the ball you close the space down really well. Sooooo glad we play on manual haha

I am currently 29-0-0 on the World Cup mode since switching to a team with balanced work rates. I think I figured it all out. I rarely concede goals and I still score 3+ goals a match. I've won the world cup 6 times now and have nearly all the players because of the coin and packs I am getting. I love it!

What's your team, and what are the workrates?

This is my team. I just got Ribery and De Rossi in packs so previously I was using Podolski and Garcia. My strikers have High attacking work rates so they are always in the box. My CMs have high defensive work rates so they are always back to defend and my defenders other than Ramos all have high defensive workrates so they are not out of positions. Wingers don't really matter to be honest. I have some better options for strikers but I choose them because they are always in the box. Same with the midfielders although I don't like Cazorla too much. Modric is the best CAM for me.

71703cd3ecf297dd9bfba1ab7755817b.png

This is my South American team that I won the cup with:

9e4f5418c3f19bb98a87b48f933b1049.png

Â