Boston bombing

drat01

Is it me or has this been a colossal **** up by the police? I've just got in and am watching it on sky news now, have they not had ample amount of chances to catch the Geeza that has got away?

As I say I am a bit behind so maybe they haven't **** up at all but just looking at it that's how it comes across

800px-ClaireTCarneyLibrary.jpg

Brutal.

Just brutal.

not really the thread for a bit or architectural crit

but I love that

because it's brutal, it's particularly good because it smashes up into the air through some soft grass and shrubbery

but it's not really the right thread

• Like 2

Apparently according to CBS reporter and his sources a bomb the same as the one used in the marathon bombing was thrown at police during the firefight but did not create the same explosive yield because the lid came off the pressure cooker thank god

They also made pipe bombs and they are going to do a controlled explosion on their home because it was basically a bomb making factory

They were also defending the FBI for releasing the footage to flush them out as they doubt that was going to be the last attack they were going to make and with the amount of explosive material they have found its extremely likely they were going to bomb alot more things

• Like 1

800px-ClaireTCarneyLibrary.jpg

Brutal.

Just brutal.

not really the thread for a bit or architectural crit

but I love that

because it's brutal, it's particularly good because it smashes up into the air through some soft grass and shrubbery

but it's not really the right thread

Reminds me a bit of my alma mater: 

I_5c85651a28.jpg

15/06/10 Leeds University campus gets listed status

In a move that indicates the new Secretary of State, John Penrose, is not afraid to list post-war architecture, DCMS has just approved the listing of the campus of Leeds University –recognising its significance as the largest and most ambitious post-war scheme for a civic university campus. The architects were Chamberlin, Powell and Bon (CPB), the architects of London’s famous Barbican development and the campus was constructed between1964-76. The Alfred Waterhouse buildings which form the early campus are already listed.

The listing not only covers the individual 1960’s buildings but also elevated walkways and paved areas that link the elements of the mega-structure. C20 put the buildings forward for listing in 2008 and has been pressing for a decision.

Apart from all being physically linked, the buildings share a distinct visual unity. Heavily influenced by Le Corbusier, the design for the campus was, in turn, very influential on later UK campus design.

The key structure, the Roger Stevens lecture hall, which was a precursor for the Barbican Theatre and features a distinctive, ribbed surface treatment, has been listed at II*. This high grade is rare for post-war buildings.

The Twentieth Century Society is encouraged by this landmark decision from the new Secretary of State, which indicates a step forward for the preservation of post-war architecture nationally.

http://www.c20society.org.uk/press-releases/leeds-university-campus-gets-listed-status/'>Link

z53GQrq.jpg

Let's complete the set by showing the offending library.  Thankfully it is going to be nuked from orbit later this year when the new one opens. 

**EDIT**

Which of course leads to the thought that if the bloke was going to set off a bomb in Boston, he could have at least have had the decency to blow up City Hall.  

It would have still been a heinous crime but at least it would have had some artistic merit. 

Edited by The_Rev

Just seen the gunfight footage on TV

There have been wars fought with fewer bullets fired , how the heck did they not get him !!

It wasn't real guns, just the bloke from the Police Academy films

• Like 3

There have been wars fought with fewer bullets fired , how the heck did they not get him !!

Haven't seen that but I've just seen the photo of his dead brother on the slab. Pretty easy to see how he didn't get away.

Haven't seen that but I've just seen the photo of his dead brother on the slab. Pretty easy to see how he didn't get away.
link?

Â