Boston bombing

drat01

The gunfight from earlier (the one which probably killed suspect #1)

Somebody busts out a machine gun towards the end. **** knows how many shots were fired, hundreds by the sounds of it.

That is insane. Could not imagion that going on on my local neighbourhood, let alone being one of the police officers having to deal with it.

To be fair, those joking about Americans not knowing where/what Chechnya is, although you may be joking, alot of Americans will know of it. They actually did a very good documentary on HBO about 10 years ago covering the hostage crisis at a Russian ballet. Chechnya does get occasional media coverage. 

• Like 1

The gunfight from earlier (the one which probably killed suspect #1)

Somebody busts out a machine gun towards the end. **** knows how many shots were fired, hundreds by the sounds of it.

That is insane. Could not imagion that going on on my local neighbourhood, let alone being one of the police officers having to deal with it.

That's because we don't have a constitution that envisages a "well regulated militia".

Kyrgyzstan nationals?

Or people who have lived in America for for most (if not all) of their life and went to school there?

Those on the link of the live TV feed from earlier seem quite keen to embark on a sleeper cell story ('They've been part of our community for years' - 'Living among us!').

Edited by snowychap

To be fair, those joking about Americans not knowing where/what Chechnya is, although you may be joking, alot of Americans will know of it. They actually did a very good documentary on HBO about 10 years ago covering the hostage crisis at a Russian ballet. Chechnya does get occasional media coverage. 

How many Europeans could put Chechnya on a map?  I know it's down by the Caucus mountains somewhere, not far from where Russia met the Ottoman empire but that's kind of it.  

I think I can just about label all 50 states in the US too, but I would think I am in a massive minority of British people who can do that.  Sneering at people's lack of geographical knowledge of places half way round the world has always struck me as being a bit odd. 

• Like 2

How many Europeans could put Chechnya on a map?  I know it's down by the Caucus mountains somewhere, not far from where Russia met the Ottoman empire but that's kind of it.  

I think I can just about label all 50 states in the US too, but I would think I am in a massive minority of British people who can do that.  Sneering at people's lack of geographical knowledge of places half way round the world has always struck me as being a bit odd. 

To be fair, once you get into the midwest region, it's a **** of which state goes where.

• Like 1

Â