Boston bombing

drat01

Colleague here at work said the bombings were the work of the FBI. What bollocks people believe.

Just as a thought though.  If they were of a mind to do something like that, they can rest assured that no-one would believe it was them. "What bollocks people believe". Couldn't agree more.

The gunfight from earlier (the one which probably killed suspect #1) 

Somebody busts out a machine gun towards the end. **** knows how many shots were fired, hundreds by the sounds of it. 

I can't view that cos I'm at work, but the last line there has given me the image in my mind's eye of that gunfight in Heat. I expect it wasn't quite so glamorous, though.

The little interview with the Doctor's who saw the guy when he was taken in to the hospital did mention that he had 'numerous' bullet wounds, but also potential wounds from shrapnel, as well as 'thermal' injury.

Edit - Ha! Meath, you had the same thought re Heat :)

Edited by hogso

ABC News reports from federal law enforcement sources: Person who was carjacked told authorities that the suspects told him that they were the marathon bombers; At least one pressure cooker found; Suspects were throwing grenades during firefight, chase with police; Suspects believed, by way they engaged police, that they have paramilitary training; Believed to have been here 2 years or longer, from overseas, recent immigrants

Can anyone more keyed up on World affairs than I theorise why Chechnyan's would want to do something like this on US soil?

The beeb news feed says that the suspects are brothers, and NBC has released their names, although BBC haven't done so themselves.

Edited by hogso

So the suspects have, variously, been 'a Saudi national', a missing lad from Portland, Turkish, Russian and Chechen?

Is there anything really to be gained from plucking new theories out of the air for every new bit of what is claimed as 'information'?

Edit: Just to be clear, this is more about new information being picked on as the new fact and thereafter the building block for a narrative before anyone really has a good idea what's going on. Asking questions isn't really the problem I had - more coming out with 'definitive answers' (like the next load of 'security experts' they decide to roll out on news media).

Edited by snowychap

You know this is going to be made into a movie at some point, don't you? 

The lead actor would seem to be a no-brainer:

1212: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was one of up to 45 students to win a $2,500 scholarship to Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in 2001, according to a list published by the city authorities. The school’s alumni include Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

Â