Boston bombing

drat01

Somebody's bound to recognize them

One of them is apparently a kid who went missing a month ago and, bizarely, the FBI put a large amount of people on the case across 5 states - which isn't normally done I believe

Link?

http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanover/news/x1037527396/Explosives-cause-concern-in-Hanover#axzz2QreVuvnH

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sunil-tripathi-surveillance-footage-shows-missing-ivy-league/story?id=18845517#.UXDa57Wa3Y-

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/31/article-0-1904450F000005DC-834_634x476.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sOWD6Lu.jpg

Explosives dotted all around the area according to BPD.

Shits going down. Looks like the suspects have bunkered down and armed their surroundings. Hope it all ends safely.

Interesting the comment I have just heard " we believe these suspects have come here to kill people ?" Come here.

I know what you mean. That does hint at foreigners. But maybe across from another part of the US?

Piecing together the bits of information though that have come out wasn't one of these 2 chaps supposed to be a local student who went missing last month?

All will become clear I guess.

So, likelihood of the second suspect being taken alive? Slim to none I think.

From Reddit:

Cambridge Police scanner: Two shorter "Middle-Eastern" men believed connected to the shootings car-jacked a black Mercedes-Benz E350 (SUV), plate number 137 NZ1. The car-jackee fled at the Shell station. Last reported around 11:45pm, no idea of the direction it's gone in.

12:32am: Passenger ran at the Shell station. Police are sending a car over.
12:36am: Edited plate number (thanks /u/raven_785)
12:39am: Filling in blanks from other posts and Twitter.
12:42am: Reports of the Mercedes in Watertown? 81 Dexter Ave. Police are heading over.
12:44am: Shots fired in Watertown. Dexter and Mt Auburn. Now Dexter and Laurel.
12:47am: Reported explosions in Watertown of some sort.
12:49am: Suspects firing weapons. Multiple shots fired. Some units are trying to find the intersections.

"Dexter Ave or Dexter St?"

"Dexter Ave! Dexter Ave!"

"555 Mt. Auburn St"

12:51am: Explosives detonated and shots fired at Adams St, Watertown. Black pickup. Officer sounds under stress. "All units to Adams St".
12:53am: Stolen SUV from State Police. Vehicle went down Adams St from Mt. Auburn.

An offer is talking to a gentleman at Broadway and Windsor. Didn't hear anything. 455 Windsor?

Report of shots fired at Central Square.
12:56am: Dartmouth St, Watertown. Car/Unit 19 is with other units doing something.

Cypress St: "They're setting up a perimeter." "The car's just behind the building."

12:57am: Spruce and Lincoln, officers pinned down. Parked the vehicle in the back yard.
12:59am: An officer checked out Central Square, asked cabdrivers and pedestrians if they heard shots. No one heard anything. New address reported: 144 Dexter Ave, Watertown.
1:01am: One down on Laurel St, in custody. Looking for the other. Dartmouth St officers are asking where the action is.
1:02am: Something down, Dexter and Mt. Auburn. Will be two victims at that location. One SP (?), one officer.1:04am: Reports. "Second party in custody" on Wall St with EMS. "One on the ground at Upland St on Mt. Auburn. White male brown pants with stripes and a blue shirt.
1:05am: Two in custody. 526 Mt Auburn and Upland at Mt Auburn. But in dispute.
1:06am: "All Cambridge units in Watertown, immediately power down your cell phones." Huh?

"Control, the suspect vehicle is on Spruce."

1:07am: A suspect not in custody, but on the ground at gunpoint. Conflicting reports from different departments on how many suspects are in custody. Possibly one at Dexter and Spruce.
1:09am: /u/shartscaping: "EOD [Explosives Ordnance Disposal] needed at Mt Auburn and Upland!"
1:12am: One report: One in custody at Dexter and Laurel, one at MGH.

Another: "SRT [special Reaction Team] Team and 4 different departments here." Searching the backyard. Still looking for confirmation that second suspect is in custody.
1:16am:

Some officers are searching the backyard, I think of where the stolen car was parked. With officers from different units, including the SRT [special Reaction Team] team from Brookline.

Holy crap. Something about a woman getting knifed? What is going on. -/u/jdflyer

Report: Second suspect is in custody. Mt Auburn and Upland

1:18am: "Control, we have the suspect vehicle on Spruce St. We are going through the yards."
1:19am: "EOD [Explosives Ordnance Disposal] is gonna be disarming a suspicious package in just a minute."1:23am: "Channel 19 to Control: Do we have both [suspects], or are we still looking for one?"

"[...]My information from state police is that there's still one more that they're looking for."

"Thank you, deputy."
1:24am:

1:26am: "We have 25 policemen down here, we just don't know where. They're all on different channels."

About 10 police just scanned my street on foot checking yards -/u/JeffGonz (comment link)

Shit, the my link to the Cambridge PD audio feed at broadcastify.com went down. I'm now at the Boston PD feed attunein.com. Boston's a bigger city so a lot more stuff is happening at the same time.

1:32am: American Legion Highway being shut down. Someone reports active shooter outside of Children's Hospital. Report contradicted by another person immediately afterwards.
1:33am: /u/ShreddyZ:

"Children's is still on lockdown."

No shots confirmed at Children's Hospital.

1:37am: Back on the Cambridge feed thanks to /u/forty_three at this comment.
1:39am: "I'm at the crime scene at Dexter and Laurel and we're putting up a crime scene and starting to take down evidence."
1:40am: "37 Cyprus with 30 other officers." I think this is where a stolen car is.
1:41am: /u/ruh_rohhh at this comment:

"We do not have a second suspect in custody... We do not have a second suspect in custody"

/u/unhi by PM:

1:44am: Address: Armenian Church, between Bigelow and Nichols, Watertown
1:49am: Cambridge officer: "We're gonna set up command at Mt Auburn and Upland." They are requesting the presence (?) of Boston and Watertown chiefs.
1:52am: /u/Scott553:

Hey, got some info for your MIT Shooting post:

The Shell station where the chase started: Reported as "816 Memorial Drive" http://goo.gl/maps/ga1BE

Photos from the scene at MIT: https://twitter.com/thetech/status/325087777211428865/photo/1 andhttps://twitter.com/EBagsLOLZ/statuses/325087628661760000

12:57am - "There's definitely hand grenades and automatic gunfire."

1:39am - "We do not have the 2nd suspect in custody. We do not have the 2nd suspect in custody."

1:54am: "SRT 1, come up to Mt Auburn and Dexter."

"Location that the IED got stepped on, can we get that location... 89 Nichols"

/u/unhi and /u/adventuresofnate: Code Black at Mt Auburn Hospital (Bomb threat?)

1:57am: (I think unrelated) 69-year-old female with difficulty breathing

(I think also unrelated) "Requesting assistance for a large crowd" in Central Square

2:00am: /u/unhi/:

2:03am: /u/sweetjohnnycage/:

Someone on the phone with WCVB is reporting seeing a bomb robot on Laurel.

He also said they took someone into custody who matched the description but who was then cleared and released.

anon reported the bomb robot is because they threw a pressure cooker bomb at cops, its still on teh road

2:05am (Probably unrelated) Young male pulling off vehicle doors (?), back in Cambridge around Fresh Pond Parkway.

2:08am (Probably unrelated) Magazine St, SP on the road, daughter out of control

2:09am "17, we got some MIT officers here."

/u/justicefries suggests the Code Black in Watertown's hospital is "potentially an ER divert, NOT a bomb threat. It sounded much more informational and hasn't been paid much mind since."

2:11am "I'm sending the on-duty guys back to the city." Sounds like they're pulling some Cambridge officers back.

"2 males of average build... One male had a backpack, dark clothes... They were walking towards police. [i think?]

/u/SPD-13 is livemapping at http://goo.gl/maps/EyQfQ

2:14am/u/mulysasderpsylum:

Just heard on a scanner that a tactical team / SWAT was being deployed at 14 Hazel in Watertown

Supporting comments suggest that they are there to secure the area. No urgent combat need.

2:17am /u/wildlifepatho, among others: SWAT team moving into the house at 14 Hazel. Entering second floor.

2:20am (Unrelated) Pedestrian struck by motor vehicle. Party on phone was fighting with a friend at Main St and Portland.

2:21am Looks like Cambridge PD has wound down involvement in this case. Shady person checking car doors in West Cambridge.

2:23am "All ____ units [can't make out the word], back into the city." Most units appear to be pulling back. Don't know who is leading now. BPD? MA State Police? Watertown? Federal?

2:24am 15 shots fired at Aberdeen and Mt Auburn according to Watertown PD.

/u/wildlifepatho:

suspects were firing long guns

2:25am "I'm at Aberdeen and Mt Auburn, I don't see anything here."

Now a call to 48 Park Ave, Cambridge, nearby.

"Control, we're all over this area. There's no phone calls, and I can't smell any gunpowder[...] Please let the lieutenant on duty know that, as far as I can tell, this is unfounded."

2:28am: Silver sedan, no plate number, on JFK St driving at high speed towards Harvard Sq.

20 Holmes St (back near Aberdeen and Mt Auburn, and near Park Ave), has someone in the back, something clinking, possibly holding a pipe.

2:31am: Report of a female scream for 20sec in the area of Mass Ave and Windsor, back near MIT.

/u/HugeSuccess and /u/Scott553Boston Globe says a marathon suspect is in custody.

2:35am: Suspect at large is White male, large nose, grey hoodie with large Adidas writing on front

2:37am /u/sweetjohnnycage/u/Scott553, and /u/serenadingsirens reporting that subject in custody is dead.

My Cambridge feed from tunein.com died. Rats.

Back online now at 2:44am. At Wickedlocal. Thanks to /u/SPD-13.

2:46am Cambridge PD checking out Arsenal St in Watertown. White male with blue jeans.

Newtown PD: "Looking for the party in the white hat in the photos [from the Marathon explosions suspects?]. From Watertown."

2:58am /u/Scott553 linked via Twitter that the suspect's names were broadcast on the Boston PD scanner. But he/she doesn't trust the information yet, and I'm inclined to distrust for now as well.

3:03am Watertown PD on foot pursuing unknown suspect. N Beacon St & Charles River Rd.

3:05am "Watertown Control to units: We also need someone by Arsenal Park." Another sighting of someone who may match suspect description, 5 minutes old.

3:07am Oswell Court [?]

My connection went down. Welp. Checking previous sources now and looking for more.

Back at http://tunein.com/radio/Boston-Police-Fire-and-EMS-Scanner-s146109/ thanks to /u/drewsnyy.

3:13am Boston PD reports no foot pursuit. Address reported: 343 Arsenal St, Watertown.

3:15am Boston PD going to 315 Talcott St [sic, I think they mean 315 Talcott Ave], Watertown. Person asks to confirm to "make sure we're not chasing ghosts."

459 (or maybe 465) Arsenal St, request for flashlight and canine.

3:19am Planning to deploy and check street by street.

"All officers that are [not participating in the search], on a static perimeter post or a crime scene post are to report to the command post at the Arsenal Mall and report to Lieutenant [redacted]."

3:24am Arsenal St at Arsenal Court, canine checking an open door.

Boston PD person is requesting an MBTA bus to shelter area residents who have been turned out of their homes in the search.

/u/HugeSuccess: Police are evacuating residents out of houses due to fear of devices.

3:31am A place for media being made opposite the Arsenal Mall, near the Carter store. 550 Arsenal St.

3:39am /u/Scott553 and /u/sweetjohnnycage: MBTA Transit officer was shot earlier this evening, related to this. Now in stable condition.

3:40am Plan: perimeter has been secured. First sweep by personnel to look for suspicious people. Then a search will be done house by house, backyard sweep. Just exteriors of homes. Encourage public to stay inside, shelter in place. Plan to lock the place down and wait for daylight, when the advantage is to the police.

I am not quite sure where the perimeter is it appears to be near where the firefight went down previously. Scanner reports searching Fairfield St at the moment.

3:46am /u/HugeSuccess: Suspect description is the same as earlier: "White male with a dark complexion, or a Middle Eastern male, with dark curly hair, and a grey hoodie"

3:48am Tactical bear [bearCat, a specialized vehicle] to Arsenal and Dexter to move devices (bombs?).

3:50am: One BearCat is cleaning up Fairfield St. They're sending another one ("the Metro Bear") to Arsenal and Dexter.

3:53am: Watertown receiving reports of motion sensors tripping inside building. 100 Talcott.

3:55am: "26 Adams, need a crew to clear an open door."

4:03am: ETA given of 20 minutes for MBTA bus to arrive. (So that really means 40min, right? /joke)

"Have any units recovered any firearms besides explosives?"

"I don't believe so, chief. There are two weapons and a knife on the street."

"Are there any long guns?"

"No, they areautomatic revolvers."

4:05am: Investigators wanted at Fairfield and Dexter.

4:10am: "I need an EOD [Explosives Ordnance Disposal] canine to Dexter and Fairfield ASAP." Bomb tech going there as well.

4:12am: Some sort of fire services going to 485 Arsenal St to support the police effort.

/u/justicefries: Rehab provides food/water during extended on-scene times.

4:13am Some units heading to 89 Dexter Ave. Instructed to turn radios off. There is a box with wires there.

4:24am: Package cleared, Fairfield and Oliver.

4:28am: Police dispatched to secure a 4-door older model brown or tan colored sedan at Fairfield and Dexter St in Watertown. The two suspects were seen to go in and out of the vehicle.

4:29am: SP Male, 475 Arsenal Ct, carrying a backpack

It's currently 4:30am in Boston.  The thread continues to be updated here.  

The gunfight from earlier (the one which probably killed suspect #1) 

Somebody busts out a machine gun towards the end. **** knows how many shots were fired, hundreds by the sounds of it. 

Â