Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I just hope that the "young" players we sign are young and talented like let's say Will Hughes or Luke Shaw at 17-19 and not the Aston Villa version of "young" at 22-23 unless they are already playing at a high level like Benteke did

Benteke hardly played at a high level

Thought he was breaking into the Belgium national team ?

Darius Vassell played for england

I just hope that the "young" players we sign are young and talented like let's say Will Hughes or Luke Shaw at 17-19 and not the Aston Villa version of "young" at 22-23 unless they are already playing at a high level like Benteke did

Benteke hardly played at a high level

Thought he was breaking into the Belgium national team ?

Darius Vassell played for england

So he did. However the query was whether or not Benteke has played at a high level before joining villa. I argued that he had because he had played for the Belguim national team

Funny that Lambert says we paid £1m for Lowton and less than that for Westwood and Sylla. Wonder where the press get their figures

Do you have a link to Lambert saying that?

He said so in the pre-game Wigan presser.

Funny that Lambert says we paid £1m for Lowton and less than that for Westwood and Sylla. Wonder where the press get their figures

Does anyone have a link to that? I'd love to know if this was true, because if those three came for less than 3 million that would be some extraordinary transfer business.  

Does anyone have a link to that? I'd love to know if this was true, because if those three came for less than 3 million that would be some extraordinary transfer business.  

Its on AVTV mate

How would you describe Villa's style of football, and is it implemented at all levels?

I've always been under the impression that the youth and reserve teams play better football than our first team, in terms of philosophy atleast.

They probably do, but just remember its not one dimensional in terms of having respect for the opposition.the standard of defender in the prem is high and that's why it's difficult to play good football ...meaning having your own way.

I believe the football our first team have displayed in consideration since jan has been very encouraging.

I always thought we paid £3m for him. (Which is still a massive bargain for the player that we got).

If that is true that we paid £900k for him. Then that is an absolutely huge bargain.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Jelle vossen, bentekes team mate at genk and rumoured to be the player we were watching when we spotted benteke.

I wonder if we are still interested as I'm pretty sure he would quickly Jelle into the team! ;)

Flipping Jelle that was poor

Vossen has 17 league goals this season, bit older than Benteke but he is a good player, not sure if he would make the step up as good as CB though.

What you reckon Belgian Guy? I've only watched him about 5 or 6 times. I see Lestienne is doing good this season with 17 goals as well.