Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Is it safe to come?

Ivelin Popov told Bulgarian media that Krasnodar got offer from Aston Villa.

"I know that my club (Krasnodar) got the offer but talks between Villa and Aleksandar Tonev were first and are on advanced stage."

• Like 1

I would love it if we got Popov! He carries the Bulgarian national team at the moment and is a real lively customer.

Perhaps bringing Tonev in will act as an inscentive for Popov. Signing players in pairs seems to be the route Newcastle have taken in some cases, whereby a player feels more obliged to move if they know they have another person they can settle with.

Is it safe to come?

Ivelin Popov told Bulgarian media that Krasnodar got offer from Aston Villa.

"I know that my club (Krasnodar) got the offer but talks between Villa and Aleksandar Tonev were first and are on advanced stage."

tumblr_ma48lyNTOi1rynk4uo6_250.gif

• Like 3

Nice, although I have a feeling Lambert doesn't take too kindly to players talking to the press about moving to the club.  We shall wait and see, but it seems like we really are casting our net out far and wide and it's going to be exciting.

What position does Popov play? I've never heard of him.

Promising quotes, I'd love it if we could bring in two players within the next few weeks.

What position does Popov play? I've never heard of him.

Promising quotes, I'd love it if we could bring in two players within the next few weeks.

CAM I think. He scored against us in the UEFA Cup the year of the CSKA Moscow debacle, IIRC, during group stages.

So Popov and Tonev are mates? do they play for the same side? google translate has confused me.

Nah, Popov is in Russia with Krasnodar and Tonev is in Poland with Lech Poznan.

Edited by sexbelowsound

So Popov and Tonev are mates? do they play for the same side? google translate has confused me.

I think he was implying that they're friends from playing for the National side together

I think by trying to sign both (Tonev and Popev) together is a shrewd move, especially when moving to a new country.

The other added bonus is that Petrov has been retained at the club and this will benefit their integration too.

Quite excited by this double prospect happening.

Surely if it comes off it's means the end of Ireland and N'Zogbia.

In terms of transfer planning I think the concept is great. Signing them together is a hark back to the classic days, before international transfers were commonplace. Teams would always try to sign two players of the same nationality, language or previous team so that they would have someone to help aclimatise with in the new country. Petrov being in the same building would be a big bonus too.

You can see, for example, that Benteke and Sylla are good mates off the pitch, and Sylla has said in an interview how important N'Zogbia was for him initially settling in.

For those who would want/think that we first should/would get defender but many times when it comes to transfers, you have to "go in" when you see opening so that other clubs wouldn't get them first. I'd be very surprised if Lambo isn't already after defender and if he is we might not hear about it before they announce the transfer.

Edit: Lack of rumours isn't proof of inactivity.

Edited by Jarpie

In terms of transfer planning I think the concept is great. Signing them together is a hark back to the classic days, before international transfers were commonplace. Teams would always try to sign two players of the same nationality, language or previous team so that they would have someone to help aclimatise with in the new country. Petrov being in the same building would be a big bonus too.

You can see, for example, that Benteke and Sylla are good mates off the pitch, and Sylla has said in an interview how important N'Zogbia was for him initially settling in.

KEA and Vlaar too

• Like 2