Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

anyone know whats happened to sakho at PSG? they've signed marquinhos and come out and said he can go for around £8m (out of contract next summer)

had huge potential a couple of years back, young left footed CB, think he'd be above and beyond us but if no one else goes for him...

Constant fall-outs with Le Guen, Leonardo and Ancellotti. Censured for slapping a journo who bubbled him in a nightclub and benched for being overweight and out of form.....all by the age of 23.

No thanks, we have enough loons on the books already.

I reckon we should have a pop on Stefan Johansen, probably the best young talent out of Norway atm. Can play in all roles in the middle but most proficient in the AM position. Good shot, extreme stamina and good forward and defending. Lots of assists, good at corners, good at freekicks. Think he's 22, so he'd fit Lambert perfectly. Plus Scandinavians seem to know English off the bat. 

Youtube comp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlMpb4dV_SM

Aparantly Milan are sniffing around him, same with Everton and some dutch sides including Ajax (replacement for Fischer?). 

Been raving about him for ages, would be very cheap as well, 1-2 milion pounds. Will be a steal for any club that pics him up.

...thank fook...we're buying a centre half who can tackle and head a ball to play with Okore.

Although I can understand some criticisms of Vlaar, I'd say you've just identified two things that he's actually quite good at.

If you class last ditch lunges due to being caught out of position as 'tackles' and having a head like a sheriffs badge as 'heading' then you may have a point ?

Did someone really just suggest playing Delph in the hole ?

FFS

This is a player that's never managed a premiership goal and has about as many assists to his name as me. He's a water carrier, all effort and gusto but no actual quality to trouble a defence

Please ...

Add Mick McCarthy gif.

My pleasure:

mick.gif

I love that gif.

• Like 3

Surely there must be a lot more money available for Lambert to spend? We've spent about £10m so far which is peanuts, teams like West Ham and Swansea are spending more than that on one player these days. It worries me that we've had to trawl the Danish and Dutch leagues for bargain basement signings like Bacuna and Helenius. Splash the cash please Randy!

wouldnt say we 'trawled' the leagues. Helenius scored 16 in 33 appearances for Aalborg. Bacuna made 35 appearances - which he wouldnt have achieved if he wasnt of some value to the club. Bit disrespectful to two talented players, and to our manager who picked them because he wanted them. Not because they were our last choice. Talent is talent. Look what swansea did with Michu and look what WE did with Benteke. 'Priceless bargains'. Come on man head up.

Did someone really just suggest playing Delph in the hole ?

FFS

This is a player that's never managed a premiership goal and has about as many assists to his name as me. He's a water carrier, all effort and gusto but no actual quality to trouble a defence

Please ...

Brutally honest but true