Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

The only central midfielder we have at the club who I reckon could play the attacking midfield role is Gary Gardner imo.

But given he has failed to make the 18 yet indicates to me he's a way off being fit enough for the premier league so reckon Lambert will send him on loan somewhere until xmas just so he can get his fitness up again. Think that will be a sensible move.

This might sound a little crackers but apart from cover at RB. CM is where we need to strengthen and if there are no further signings I wouldn't mind seeing delph floating behind Benteke when going forward. The energy and eagerness he is showing to get on the ball and make things happen at the moment, plus he's always looking to get a shot off.

I'm full aware that playing the left side of the midfield 3 he gives balance but I think we could get a shit load more out of him in a more AM role.

We could but then we lose his defensive qualities.

This might sound a little crackers but apart from cover at RB. CM is where we need to strengthen and if there are no further signings I wouldn't mind seeing delph floating behind Benteke when going forward. The energy and eagerness he is showing to get on the ball and make things happen at the moment, plus he's always looking to get a shot off.

I'm full aware that playing the left side of the midfield 3 he gives balance but I think we could get a shit load more out of him in a more AM role.

We could but then we lose his defensive qualities.

What's wrong with playing Sylla in the defensive role along side westwood? Delph if played further forward would still have to track back and do the dirty bit also but if he's doing it in and around Benteke he will pick up on the second balls the big man fails to control and frees up Wiemenn and Gabby to push into the spaces out wide. It's all about options and imo the more the merrier.

I reckon we should have a pop on Stefan Johansen, probably the best young talent out of Norway atm. Can play in all roles in the middle but most proficient in the AM position. Good shot, extreme stamina and good forward and defending. Lots of assists, good at corners, good at freekicks. Think he's 22, so he'd fit Lambert perfectly. Plus Scandinavians seem to know English off the bat. 

Youtube comp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlMpb4dV_SM

Aparantly Milan are sniffing around him, same with Everton and some dutch sides including Ajax (replacement for Fischer?). 

Edited by magnkarl

Did someone really just suggest playing Delph in the hole ?

FFS

This is a player that's never managed a premiership goal and has about as many assists to his name as me. He's a water carrier, all effort and gusto but no actual quality to trouble a defence

Please ...

• Like 1

The 2nd half of the Liverpool game really highlights our need for that bit of guile to unlock teams when they start to sit deep & leave no space in behind for Gabby, Weimann & Benteke to exploit.

We need that AM now, the clocks ticking, so please get it done. Also, typically, Newcastle will probably sell Cabaye to Arsenal & be awash with cash, giving them ample opportunity to strengthen before the window closes & just in time before they face us at Villa Park, which is exactly what happened towards the end of the last transfer window IIRC?

• Like 1

Did someone really just suggest playing Delph in the hole ?

FFS

This is a player that's never managed a premiership goal and has about as many assists to his name as me. He's a water carrier, all effort and gusto but no actual quality to trouble a defence

Please ...

Add Mick McCarthy gif.

• Like 1

The 2nd half of the Liverpool game really highlights our need for that bit of guile to unlock teams when they start to sit deep & leave no space in behind for Gabby, Weimann & Benteke to exploit.

We need that AM now, the clocks ticking, so please get it done. Also, typically, Newcastle will probably sell Cabaye to Arsenal & be awash with cash, giving them ample opportunity to strengthen before the window closes & just in time before they face us at Villa Park, which is exactly what happened towards the end of the last transfer window IIRC?

You never know with Newcastle. Could be some hilarity coming up.

I believe VFL Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagen, so are not exactly short of cash.

That explains that.

VW are based in Wolfsburg. The Lupo GTi was manufactured only in Wolfsburg. Lupo is German for Wolf.

/OT

• Like 1

I believe VFL Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagen, so are not exactly short of cash.

That explains that.

VW are based in Wolfsburg. The Lupo GTi was manufactured only in Wolfsburg. Lupo is German for Wolf.

/OT

Shouldn't Wolfsburg be named Luposburg then? ;)

That explains that.

/OT

Shouldn't Wolfsburg be named Luposburg then? ;)

Yeah I have no idea what Wolf is German for :)

anyone know whats happened to sakho at PSG? they've signed marquinhos and come out and said he can go for around £8m (out of contract next summer)

had huge potential a couple of years back, young left footed CB, think he'd be above and beyond us but if no one else goes for him...