Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Hughes to Liverpool for £6m mjmooney? Just the sort of potential bid they might leak to the papers to try to get the player looking to move on to them but that would be a poor move for the player (like it was for Downing) and for his current club (who would expect to get nearer £10m). Liverpool need to accept that this is not the 1970s and they are just not the side that everyone wants to play for any longer. Time for us to step in with £8m & add ons and rescue Will it might even be worth having him stay at Derby for a few months to make our bid more attractive to his club and help his development?

I'd hate us to spend that kind of money on Hughes to be honest. We could get 2 players every bit as good for that with change left over, based on past activity. No need for ridiculously overhyped, overpriced British players any more. The kid looks decent, but for that kind of money you'd get a guy who'll turn out to be twice the player from abroad, without the "great white British hope" shite attached

Boom.

I think we'd have had a really great summer if we can bring in a

Right back,

Somebody who can play Centre Back and Defensive Midfielder

Attacking Mid.

From players we've already been linked to under Lambert already I'd like:

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

3. Fischer, Kiyotake or Wijnaldum

So it would be great window if only we just spent another £30m ..........I think supporters of most clubs would be saying that

Yes £30m. Thats exactly what I said. 

Cavanda rated at £1m.

Kouyate rated at £5m

The AM's we have enquired for are rated in the £7-10m bracket.

But no. £30m. Definitely £30m and not a penny less.

Right back,

Attacking Mid.

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

I'm happy with Herd as a right back option. And as it stands we also still have Alan to call upon if required.........

Yeah its definitely an option, especially if Lowton brings the same heroics and consistency as he did last season, at £1m though I think Cavanda would be a solid addition and better than Herd/Hutton. If Lowton has a period of poor form, which for a young player in his second season is certainly possible Herd isn't really going to be giving him a huge amount of competition.

I also dont think Lambert would bring Hutton back in anything other than an utter crisis. I think we would see Bacuna being played before Herd too despite him preferring his midfield role. Right back is certainly not the most pressing issue in our squad though

Right back,

Attacking Mid.

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

I'm happy with Herd as a right back option. And as it stands we also still have Alan to call upon if required.........

Yeah its definitely an option, especially if Lowton brings the same heroics and consistency as he did last season, at £1m though I think Cavanda would be a solid addition and better than Herd/Hutton. If Lowton has a period of poor form, which for a young player in his second season is certainly possible Herd isn't really going to be giving him a huge amount of competition.

I also dont think Lambert would bring Hutton back in anything other than an utter crisis. I think we would see Bacuna being played before Herd too despite him preferring his midfield role. Right back is certainly not the most pressing issue in our squad though

Also Okre can play RB - we should be fine really. Another CB wouldn't go a miss.

seeing as the season has only just started, it would be wrong to introduce new players in replace of who have played well last season and kept their spots, and the new players weve bought already who are also performing well

bringing in a RB when we have a brilliant lowton, and also okore, donacien, herd and bacuna who can play there, would be unfair and a waste of money

same can be said for an attacking midfielder, were always too quick to hype the kids up and then even quicker to shoot them down, id like to see what tonev, carruthers, gardner, bacuna and even grealish can do first, we could have the next 'paul scholes'

the only position i agree on is a CB, vlaar will no doubt get injured, okore isnt fully match ready, baker is doing well but clark is certainly not a CB, someone like abdoulaye ba would be absolutely perfect, 6ft 6 and plays it simple, someone like him i reckon could handle pacy little cnuts like van persie

Edited by AndyBM

Right back,

Attacking Mid.

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

So it would be great window if only we just spent another £30m ..........I think supporters of most clubs would be saying that

Cavanda rated at £1m.

Kouyate rated at £5m

Although I agree it wouldn't total a £30m spend, I think you've undervalued the players there.

Right back,

Attacking Mid.

1. Cavanda

2. Kouyate

Cavanda rated at £1m.

Kouyate rated at £5m

I just don't see how you can say 'I am happy with the transfer window' - except for those 3 players - I don't know value's - but it would seem you are suggesting. we spend approaching what we have already spent - therefore we haven't done enough in the window -

I'd be surprised if we sign anyone else this summer.

Lambert has had a net transfer fund of £26mill since he joined.

For a club of our size (financially), with a turnover of £80m, i'd expect a net transfer fund of £8m a year, so £16m since Lambert joined.

Why do think it should be so small?

For a club that is trying to break even, you would expect around 66% of turnover to be spent on wages, 10% on transfer fees, 24% on overheads.

As we have a turnover of £80m, that is £53m on wages, £8m on transfer fees.

Maybe we can have slightly more (which we already have had) if overheads are lower, but in our case the wages are higher anyway.

so maybe we're going for 66% wages, 20% transfer fees, 14% overheads. 

in which case Lambert should have £32m, of which he has spent £26m. So he has £6m left, which includes his January 2014 spend.

Edited by ender4

Bentekes value though, ender4, like Bale, gives you the opportunity to gamble, in a business sense.PL knows he could get over £30m plus for Benteke whenever he wants to sell, so this means he can take a gamble on a young up and coming attacking player, and not be overly concearned if it does'nt work.

Helenius, Tonev, and some of the players we are linked with, are players who , if developed right, could double,triple,quadruple , their value.Get 3 or 4 in the team at the same time, all of a sudden you are a very good team.Spuds have bought some very good players with the Bale money, and look a better, stronger team because of it.We could try and buy the kind of players that Spuds are, in the hope that we can fit them in alongside Benteke, with a view that , when the right offer comes in for the club, we can sell, and bring the next one in.

PL has shown he has an eye for a good young player who is going to appreciate in value, it is an ability that should be encouraged, and indulged.

• Like 1