Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Sad if Will Hughes goes to Pool or Man C just to sit on the bench alongside Rodwell and add to their quota of not used english talent.

Hughes is one of the very few young english players who i think might become really good (Shaw is another)  

Really like us to try for him

(Shaw is another)  

OT - almost a dead cert for cole's replacement at Chelsea IMO

finding it laughable at the moment how Southampton fans are convinced they will achieve top 4 within 2 years (even lovren said it today) destined to do what we did 3 years ago (at best)

I wouldn't be so sure. Unlike us a few years ago, they are signing players good enough for the top 4. Also unlike us, they have a progressive manager with good knowledge of the continental markets. I don't see why they couldn't be at a similar level to where Spurs are now in a few years if they continue with this level of investment.

I wouldn't be so sure. Unlike us a few years ago, they are signing players good enough for the top 4. Also unlike us, they have a progressive manager with good knowledge of the continental markets. I don't see why they couldn't be at a similar level to where Spurs are now in a few years if they continue with this level of investment.

For starters, they have nowhere near the fan base to sustain themselves at that level. St Mary's holds just over 32k I think. Also, I don't think they have players for the top four.

And it's too bad our manager has no knowledge of foreign markets. I bet there are loads of good strikers in say, Belgium. And good players in Scandinavia, Holland and Eastern Europe, but our manager has never looked there apparently. 

Not sure PL has'nt got a good knowledge of the continental markets Isa.Benteke, Okore, and Helenius would suggest otherwise.

They are possibly moving in the level we need to move in the next couple of years, the £5m-£10m market.Our next signing has to be a good quality no 10, for about £10m.that would then put us on, at least par with Everton, Soton, and probably Lplop in my opinion.

I think the original point referred to our time under MON when we were challenging for top 4, not our current boss.

Edited by NeilS

For starters, they have nowhere near the fan base to sustain themselves at that level. St Mary's holds just over 32k I think. Also, I don't think they have players for the top four.

And it's too bad our manager has no knowledge of foreign markets. I bet there are loads of good strikers in say, Belgium. And good players in Scandinavia, Holland and Eastern Europe, but our manager has never looked there apparently. 

He meant MON I think ..

Guzan, Steer (2)

Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Baker, Lowton, Bennett, Luna, Herd (8)

Delph, Westwood, Sylla, El Ahmadi, Gardner, Tonev, Bacuna (7)

Benteke, Agbonlahor, Helenius, Weimann, Bowery (5)

I think these are our first team players for the season, with others coming in if we have injuries. So, is 22 players enough to run with? I think if we could be injury free we will be fine, but I also think extra quality would see us progress a little more.

Maybe an attacking midfielder and somebody in the Sylla mould (although KEA has looked quite good recently).

I think the original point referred to our time under MON when we were challenging for top 4, not our current boss.

Correct. I probably should've made that clearer ;-)

Guzan, Steer (2)

Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Baker, Lowton, Bennett, Luna, Herd (8)

Delph, Westwood, Sylla, El Ahmadi, Gardner, Tonev, Bacuna (7)

Benteke, Agbonlahor, Helenius, Weimann, Bowery (5)

I think these are our first team players for the season, with others coming in if we have injuries. So, is 22 players enough to run with? I think if we could be injury free we will be fine, but I also think extra quality would see us progress a little more.

Maybe an attacking midfielder and somebody in the Sylla mould (although KEA has looked quite good recently).

What about N'Zogbia?

Osvaldo is hugely overrated, Lovren is shit. I like Wanyama though.

Disagree. I rate both Osvaldo and Lovren highly. Attitude lets both down at times though.

What about him? He's part of the bomb squad

Is he? Still think he can do a job though. He was unplayable at times Wigan. Shame.

His new shirt number would suggest so. 

• Like 1