Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

These things take time - Bent only left last week.

Next week I would expect everyone to be busy, hopefully us too.

On a side note, can we please stop suggesting stupid targets like DeBruyne? Lerner is a billionaire, so yeah, I'm sure we have the resources to sign him but he started the first game for Chelsea and was on the bench against us. He is nothing like our historical signings under Lambert, i.e. Premiership player who costs £10m+ and would require significant wages.

No chance of Townsend, give it a year and he could be a regular for them.

No thanks to Moses, we already have NZogbia for what he offers and I dont particularly want him either

No thanks, don't rate Townsend he also done NOTHING for 15 games at the Sty last season for Birmiongham!! only loan he has done well at was QPR!!

Seriously not sure what the fuss is about him he is very average indeed!

So, you're judging him on his past performances in the Championship but not his more recent ones where he did well in the Premier League?

I'm going to put it out there and claim you're not a scout.

I have seen a lot of him! and he isn't that great!! not like Villa Talk to over-rate rubbish like Townsend after a few good games, i bet you was one of the guys who thinks Callum McManaman and James McClean the season before was good after few okish games?

he has been out loads Townsend has, hasn't pulled up many trees at Birmingham, Leeds, Ipswich, Watford, Millwall etc!! QPR was so poor that it's HARD NOT to shine in that team, like McManaman at Wigan and McClean at Sunderland.

I am willing to be i know a lot more about him footballing wise, than yourself Ginko :)

No i am not a scout but I know quite a bit about players within europe and lower divisions.. Probably a lot more than you!

No chance of Townsend, give it a year and he could be a regular for them.

No thanks to Moses, we already have NZogbia for what he offers and I dont particularly want him either

No thanks, don't rate Townsend he also done NOTHING for 15 games at the Sty last season for Birmiongham!! only loan he has done well at was QPR!!

Seriously not sure what the fuss is about him he is very average indeed!

Quite apart from being the best player for QPR last season which mightn't be hard but it was still a kid making his debut in a Premier League side, he was one of the stars last night in a good Spurs team and has had a very good pre-season for them too. He's rated highly @ WHL and is nowhere near 'very average'. I don't think we'd get near him tbh and I think HalfTimePost is closer to the mark with his comment that in a year he could be a Spurs regular. His problem is the high profile players being bought above him make it hard to break through. But he doesn't disappoint when he gets the chance.

"I bet I know more than you do," are you going to get your big brother to come and beat me up after school next? Jesus.

Making assumptions is also a poor way to argue, by the way, though I do rate McManaman as he played well.

Also, surely it's harder to play well in a poor team? I don't even know why I'm biting to be honest, if your post is anything to go by you're about 12-years-old.

As Chelski have just pinched Willian from under spudzzz noses wouldn't mind us looking at Victor Moses (no rhyme intended!)

Where does he play though? He does Agbonlahor's role but not as well. Behind Gab we've got Tonev desperate for a chance. Next season Grealish will be knocking on the door in that position too. Moses is alright but I don't think we should be signing players for the sake of it, a crafty creator would add to the squad but I'd leave it there until January. 

Now Moses is someone I feel is overrated, no idea what people see in him

Possibly over-rated in the sense that he's not quite up to the level of his fellow attacking midfielders at Chelsea. He'd still be more than good enough for us though in that position considering Stephen Ireland and possibly Aleks Tonev are the only 2 who can play that role.