Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

I think we do need extra options in the AM area of the field.

I'm happy with what we've got. I think we need to play 3 players who are going to put a shift in at central midfield for most games. We are undoubtedly (and our form reflects this) at our best when we play with 3 centrally minded midfielders. Whilst it would be nice to have the option of bringing in an AM, I couldn't see such an individual getting much game time. Without the tracking and workrate of KEA, we probably wouldn't have won on Saturday. We should not be so eager to replace what we have.

The exception would be if we could bring in an attacking midfielder who's happy to sit on the bench and wait for his chance. i.e. not Kiyotake.

Edited by Shillzz

^^ And we already have a few of them on our books IMO

Exunctly.

On top of the 3 that started on Saturday, we have Sylla and Bacuna ready to assume any central midfield position, with Helenius and Tonev able to play the AM role if required. Not to mention Gardner & NZogbia.

^^ And we already have a few of them on our books IMO

Exunctly.

On top of the 3 that started on Saturday, we have Sylla and Bacuna ready to assume any central midfield position, with Helenius and Tonev able to play the AM role if required. Not to mention Gardner & NZogbia.

Agree with what you're saying. I don't think we will sign anybody else. There's so much depth up top now it's nice to have that choice.

its great that only 1 of our signings has played and already has made an impact..yet we won 3-1. Hopefully 1-2 out of the 6 make a similar impact for the first team.

Meanwhile.. Lestienne has come out and said theres still 2 weeks left and that he could leave.

its great that only 1 of our signings has played and already has made an impact..yet we won 3-1. Hopefully 1-2 out of the 6 make a similar impact for the first team.

Meanwhile.. Lestienne has come out and said theres still 2 weeks left and that he could leave.

Schalke looking at him too.

http://www.voetbalnieuws.be/news/71310/Club_Brugge_wil_vleugelspeler_halen_uit_Serie_A

Club Brugge seems to be this transfer window. Still not shopped Show the locals in the Italian Tuttomercatoweb interest Valter Birsa, a winger first division of Genoa. Club would have even made an offer on the Slovenian. 

The 27-year-old Slovenian int
ernational plays since 2011 for the Italians but he could so far not really continue. Previously he had seen beautiful things in the French Ligue 1 at Sochaux and Auxerre include. It is therefore not surprising that preys on Birsa Montpellier. 's alleged interest in Birsa do doubts rise again around the future of Maxime Lestienne . The Bruges goldcrest is common in the interest of Schalke and Aston Villa.

Another CB for me - If Vlaar gets injured - We have a CB pairing of kids barley out of there teens. You can away with teenagers elsewhere - but at CB I believe such a pairing would be eaten alive - as they were last Christmas + Jan - Bear in mind that Baker and Vlaar seem to get quite few injuries - I still think we are lightweight here. 

• Like 1

As some have mentioned already, I actually feel we are more in need of a big bastard in midfield as a pose to an AM, otherwise we'll get brushed aside by certain teams. A poor mans Yaya Toure if you will (Wanyama esque), I know we have Sylla but aside from that they are quite small. In the attacking third we have Weimann, Benteke, Helenius,Gabby, Tonev (who I think will be great), Nzogbia when he is back, bot saying we couldn't do with another but I'm not sure if AM should be our priority. DM and Right back/CB would be my priorities.