35 - Given [Doncaster or MLS]

36 - N'Zogbia [Ligue1 or stay]

37 - Stevens [Championship season loan]

38 - Delfouneso [Championship]

39 - Bent [???]

40 - Ireland [???]

41 - Hutton [loan then leave]

42 - Bannan [blackburn]

i can see N'zog staying, he looks the most likely out that lot to fit in next season and put the effort in. also the injury might force him to stay

no idea how we're going to get rid of ireland or bent, there must be someone who would be happy to take them on but i don't know who that would be.

I can see Bent finding another club, plus a few part financed loans, but I think Randy will have to wait a season or two to finally clear out all of the deadwood.

I don't think that's a bad thing because it will hammer home the danger of behaving like a bunch of amateurs in future seasons.

I saw a Rennes Fansite's Twitter account claiming they were interested in N'Zogbia the other day.

On Tadic, I said when Chadli was linked that I'd love to see him here. He's a very good player.

Edited by adz.villa

I do wonder what plans he has for Albrighton. 

Next up for the bomb squad, I'd imagine.

If you consider the wide position, whether it be in a 442 or a 433, then he would probably be behind any of the following:

Gabby

Weimann

Tonev

Helenius

Bacuna

NZogbia (though perhaps not)

Bowery

... and perhaps even the likes of Grealish and Carruthers.

Sadly, I can't see a future for him at AVFC. I say sadly because he's a Villa fan who clearly cares about the club, but in truth, I don't think he's anywhere near good enough for us.

Behind if we play 4-3-3 Gabby, Weimann, Tonev and Bacuna, if we play 4-4-2 he would be behind assuming Weimann is up top alongside Benteke, Gabby, Tonev and Bacuna, again on the wings. N'Zog is injured for the foreseeable future (4-6 months) and Bowery will hopefully be sent out on loan to gain some experience. 

Don't believe the rumours surrounding us being after a player from FC Twente, it would mostly Tadic (their number 10) if so. Thinking that it's just another one of them ITKs on Twitter, not Julie B for once :D

Edited by Avflife

Just get the feeling we're done now.

We were a bit spoilt early on but I'm guessing that's how Lambo is going to do it, which is fine by me.

We'd have one only seen another if Benteke left, and it would have been a replacement striker.

I'm of the opinion that once those players are shifted from the "bomb" squad Lambert will buy again only if he has seen some gaping holes during pre season or a player becomes available that he can't pass up.

Off topic real quick, Can't believe Adam Maher went to PSV for only 6.5 million euros. Think he would have been ideal.

Exactly, as long as we offload Bent/ Ireland / Hutton / Bannan / Given - there will be players coming for sure still.

About Maher, don't even start it. He'll be playing for likes of Bayern or Real in 2/3 years.

However I doubt he'd move to us even if we made an offer, I think the best move for him ( and thats what he wanted ) was just to move up the league and continue steady development.

For sure. I'd love a CAM, we do need a good playmaker to link it all together, but the priority should be adding a quality CB.

As much as I like Vlaar, he's not good enough for Premier League, however it seems he will be starting for us... Okore will be a beast, just gotta give him few matches though.

Edited by Alakagom

For sure. I'd love a CAM, we do need a good playmaker to link it all together, but the priority should be adding a quality CB.

As much as I like Vlaar, he's not good enough for Premier League, however it seems he will be starting for us... Okore will be a beast, just gotta give him few matches though.

I think Vlaar will be fine, he came in from the Eredivisie and may have found it difficult to adapt but he has a year of the Prem under his belt now. Natural leader, very good physical attributes and although we saw him make mistakes it was never as bad as some of the rubbish we have had before. He also has a lot of heart, he gives everything on the pitch and I think he should feel at home now with us.

My main worry about Vlaar when he came was that Feyernoord fans said he was very slow. Thankfully, he proved he actually has very good timing with his running, so even if he isn't as quick as some strikers or wingers he manages to read the game well enough to get to the ball. I think he is actually pretty fast for a big center back though to be honest.

Reckon Okore and Vlaar will be a good partnership, I know Okore is young but he really is a very good prospect and has all the right attributes to succeed.

All in all I wouldn't say no to another center back but I would prefer us to bring in an attacking midfielder and somebody to cover at right back (unless Bacuna will do so). I also still think we may need somebody to cover for Weimann other than Bowery.

Edited by samjp26

I think Vlaar will be fine, he came in from the Eredivisie and may have found it difficult to adapt but he has a year of the Prem under his belt now. Natural leader, very good physical attributes and although we saw him make mistakes it was never as bad as some of the rubbish we have had before. He also has a lot of heart, he gives everything on the pitch and I think he should feel at home now with us.

My main worry about Vlaar when he came was that Feyernoord fans said he was very slow. Thankfully, he proved he actually has very good timing with his running, so even if he isn't as quick as some strikers or wingers he manages to read the game well enough to get to the ball. I think he is actually pretty fast for a big center back though to be honest.

Reckon Okore and Vlaar will be a good partnership, I know Okore is young but he really is a very good prospect and has all the right attributes to succeed.

All in all I wouldn't say no to another center back but I would prefer us to bring in an attacking midfielder and somebody to cover at right back (unless Bacuna will do so). I also still think we may need somebody to cover for Weimann other than Bowery.

looks like Bacuna can play there and will offer something going forward, who knows what he defends like there though. There's still so many unknowns with our squad. We seem to have the numbers for decent depth now (at last) ubt it's hard to see where there are holes in it when we aren't 100% on where certain players will play, let alone how well they will perform there. We can't even be 100% on the formation, although the front 3 was the best part of the back end of last season, Gabby, Benteke and Weimann could turn into a really, really, class act together.

Then we have a whole bunch of players for 3 midfield spots if we play with a flat back 4, or 2 central spots if we go three at the back and keep the front 3. If we're looking to be more secure I guess the midfield of Delph, Sylla and Westwood looks good. Then you have Tonev, KEA, Bacuna, Gardner, Carruthers, Zog (when fit), DJ, Herd and poss Clark who could play in the 3 in the middle. loads of room there to pick 2 who sit and one more creative, or even 2 more attacking and one in front of the CBs. 

We seem to have tons of choices all of a sudden! If we do get a proper number 10 then that adds more confusion into the mix in the midfield!

I think we need a playmaker for sure.  Not for when we play the man u's and chelsea's, but the teams likely to defend in numbers, if we found a quality playmaker I honestly believe we could do something similar to what Newcastle did the season before last.

In regards to Vlaar my only worries are in regard to his aerial ability.  He doesn't have a good leap on him and isn't the tallest CB.  I think we will still struggle on corners, but otherwise I think our defense will be OK (for an attack minded team I mean).

We will continue to concede from set pieces until we purchase a CB who is dominant in the air. Vlaar isn't that CB and lets hope Okore will be. If not then teams will continue to target this weakness and we will continue to ship goals.

• Like 1

We will continue to concede from set pieces until we purchase a CB who is dominant in the air. Vlaar isn't that CB and lets hope Okore will be. If not then teams will continue to target this weakness and we will continue to ship goals.

I wish football was that simple.