Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Cardiff have had a bid of around £9m rejected for Capoue. These 'smaller' teams are really swinging heavy this season. Both financially and in regards to the type of players we will see next season. Some of Europe's top young talent.

I'm fully behind Lambert but it does make me sad to see this stuff :(

Not sure were u saw that, as their 9 mil bid was accepted . Dobut he would go there

Cardiff have had a bid of around £9m rejected for Capoue. These 'smaller' teams are really swinging heavy this season. Both financially and in regards to the type of players we will see next season. Some of Europe's top young talent.

Dont worry, we buy him for £5m when they go Down next year:-)

The way its looking at the moment i'm another who thinks we're done in the transfer market until we shift one or two more and it will be interesting to see what our overall expenditure will be as compared to other teams by the end of the transfer window?

Liking your own posts now?  :D

Outrageous behaviour!

Feck me only just noticed that. Meant to like AshVilla's post and hit mine instead. Too much 'Coors Light' last night. :P

images1tpy.jpg

• Like 1

It isn't Lambert's fault. 

Cardiff will fall into the same trap as QPR. Buying loads of overrated players who aren't really proven in a physical league like ours will be the death of them. Cornelius might cope, but I doubt a player like Capoue would set the prem on fire in his first season. Cardiff needs hard work and the spine of the team to be experienced like Swansea's was the first season in the prem, and then they can start buying these type of players to ease them in slowly.

bit different from QPR, players they bought were mainly proven trash from English league experience. Zamora, Johnson, Green, Bosingwa, Samba, Ferdinand,Jenas, SWP and Barton etc

Anybody able to confirm the official time & date that the English Premier League window closes this summer. I think I just heard David Moyes utter the 6th September during a Sky Sports interview a moment ago but surely I am mistaken?

I think it's Monday 2nd at midnight.

Anybody able to confirm the official time & date that the English Premier League window closes this summer. I think I just heard David Moyes utter the 6th September during a Sky Sports interview a moment ago but surely I am mistaken?

I think it's Monday 2nd at midnight.

Thanks for that :cheers:

The problem I have with the current midfield trio is even though they all did very well individually at the end of last season (and I'm a big fan of Westwood) I don't see which of that group is even going to score 5 league goals next season.

That's the problem when you try to move up the league as you need more than your strikers to score (and they will have off days next season). Would be great having a Tim Cahill/Kevin Nolan type in there who you know will run into the box late and get on the end of stuff or simply someone who just creates and can retain possession well.

Gary Gardner could well be that player one day but given his serious injuries I'd just ease him back in this season and maybe loan him out in January.

I certainly think we're interested in one, why bother inquiring about the Japanese lad at Nuremburg but as others have said we need to get rid of some of the bomb squad and then I can see a move or two on the last day just like last year.

The problem I have with the current midfield trio is even though they all did very well individually at the end of last season (and I'm a big fan of Westwood) I don't see which of that group is even going to score 5 league goals next season.

That's the problem when you try to move up the league as you need more than your strikers to score (and they will have off days next season). Would be great having a Tim Cahill/Kevin Nolan type in there who you know will run into the box late and get on the end of stuff or simply someone who just creates and can retain possession well.

Gary Gardner could well be that player one day but given his serious injuries I'd just ease him back in this season and maybe loan him out in January.

I certainly think we're interested in one, why bother inquiring about the Japanese lad at Nuremburg but as others have said we need to get rid of some of the bomb squad and then I can see a move or two on the last day just like last year.

I agree but in a sense this is why Lambert plays with three strikers, I think we actually scored more goals in total last season than we have done in a long time (anyone got stats on that?)

But it would be nice to have the kind of attacking flair in the middle of the park that we could actually change our playing system, I don't think we could play an AM behind three forwards though.

As much as i have faith in Lambert, I still wish to good he would sign some more experienced defensive cover. I don't buy that after getting turned over for most of the season our defence is going to miraculously shape up, even with Luna and Okore in the mix.

Edited by VillanousOne

I agree but in a sense this is why Lambert plays with three strikers, I think we actually scored more goals in total last season than we have done in a long time (anyone got stats on that?)

But it would be nice to have the kind of attacking flair in the middle of the park that we could actually change our playing system, I don't think we could play an AM behind three forwards though.

As much as i have faith in Lambert, I still wish to good he would sign some more experienced defensive cover. I don't but that after getting turned over for most of the season our defence is going to miraculously shape up, even with Luna and Okore in the mix.

Not sure on the goals scored, I thought for approx 2/3 of the season we were one of the lowest scorers in the league.

As for the rest pretty much agree, we need some guile and intelligence from midfield. As for the defence, I think a major problem is that the most experienced player (vlaar) is still fairly quiet. We need an organiser back there telling everyone where to go. This can come with more experienced players, but to get someone like that with the quality that we desire would cost a lot, more than I think we shall be paying.

Last season we scored 47 goals which was about the middle range of goals scored
We scored 37 goals 2011-12 season, the lowest was Stoke with 36!!!!!!!!!
We scored 48 the season before that

So yes I agree we need more midfielders to score goals!

It didn't help that we almost never scored from set pieces, which is probably why we can't defend them!

Edited by VillanousOne