Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Albrighton being shit means it wouldn't work with young?

What can gabby do that young can't? I think young can play that role fine.

What I got from what he said was that Albrighton was frozen out because he wasn't a supporting striker, like Gabby or Weimann are, and neither would Young be.

FWIW I'd be more on your side in this discussion though. I think Young would improve the side. I'd have a fairly safe bet we won't see him in it though.

Exactly my point was Albrighton is a winger, like Young, which is why he doesn't quite fit, but felt i had to also state the reason he wasn't in the team was he wasn't good not just the system.

I also agree that Young would improve the team but don't quite see how he would fit into our style, as he's very good at cutting in and crossing but he's never been a player who will hang off the shoulder of the defender and get in behind them or a player who will pick up the ball and just drive at a defence, the two things that Gabby and Weimann tend to do in those positions. I just don't see it happening and think this is probably lazy 2+2=5 stuff from people on twitter who are "ITK"

To be honest, I don't ever remember him being crap for us.

If Lambert did want him, which I doubt, I'm sure he wouldn't mind taking a pay cut if he wants to get into the England squad for next Summer.

He's 28 though now and it just isn't going to happen.

Let me remind you he play up front with Carew and gabby was on the wing for about 4 months and O'Neill finally clicked that he'd have more joy if he switched the two and I was getting slatted for saying it, and was being told how could I possibly know more than MoN and all this shite!

Young is the same as Barry & Downing. Easily enough ability to add something to our squad, but horrendous value for money and their massive wages would probably piss off our current lot. Also not getting any younger.

• Like 1

I'd have him back in a shot

If only to rid ourselves of the shit floaty corners that have become our speciality

Have you forgotten about Ash's corners then?

Yeah his set-pieces ain't great, he had that one good season when he was aiming at Carew and Laursen but rarely puts in a good corner/free-kick nowadays.

If only to rid ourselves of the shit floaty corners that have become our speciality

I remember Young being pretty shite at free kicks and corners TBH.

The floaty corners is something that Lambert obviously tells the players to do as Benteke is always on the back post. 

I remember Young being pretty shite at free kicks and corners TBH.

The floaty corners is something that Lambert obviously tells the players to do as Benteke is always on the back post. 

The floaty corner thing seems to have been a club policy since MON left.

I have no idea why when lots of others teams take corners normally, swung in with pace.

Our scoring ratio is terrible so it clearly isn't working, hasn't for years. Sure the stats men are seeing something we aren't.