Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

Haven't got more time to add much futher, but here's a handful of names for you, in no particular order.

Jurgen Locadia, PSV

Luc Castaignos, FC Twente

Kolbeinn Sigthorsson, Ajax

(and Michy Batshuayi, Standard Liege)

Come back soon and expand :) 

No thanks to Ba

No thanks to Austin

No thanks to Lukaku on loan

Yes please to Batshuayi

Yes please to Piazon.

Benteke to Chelsea for £25m + Piazon. Bring in Finnbogason and Batshuayi as Benteke replacements for a combined £10m.

Weimann (Tonev)         Piazon/Helenius         Gabby/Tonev

Finnbogason/Batshuayi

With Graham, Grealish, Carruthers and Robinson supporting in wide/AM positions if need be.

Piazon wont happen. Isn't he a massive prospect? We wont get £25M + player.

Edited by Daniel

Might be a good idea on trying to fix the relationship between manager and Bent. Lets face it, he will still score goals and a replacement for Benteke is going to be inflated due to the money we will receive. DB is the safe option.

In all fairness Bent has every right to stick his fingers up at PL if he approached him now to stay

He has no right. He's still being paid a bloody fortune to be a Villa player.

In all fairness Bent has every right to stick his fingers up at PL if he approached him now to stay

And that did a lot for Benteke didn't it

And that did a lot for Benteke didn't it

We're talking about him having the right to do it, not whether he will or not. He may very well stick his fingers up, but as a paid employee he has no RIGHT to do it.

Put a list in the Transfer Speculation thread last night that read something like:

Alfred Finnbogason (Heerenveen, who have a great history with strikers, Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Bas Dost....Allbäck)

Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv, who have already signed Dieumerci MBokani this summer)

Luc Castaignos (FC Twente)

Michy Batshuayi (Liege)

John Guidetti (Man City)

Wilfried Bony (Vitesse Arnhem)

Edited by HalfTimePost

Reward Weimann's loyalty by playing him up front. He deserves it.

This could be good, put N'Zogbia and Gabby either side. And you've still got all the Benteke money to spend on other positions. Good to have quality back up though so if Bent and Benteke both go I expect us to sign a striker for a significant amount of money.

I've wanted Finnbogasson since about November. Would be a great signing.

Wilfried Bony

Alfred Finnbogasson

Brown Ideye

Lacina Traore (but he'll be on big wages)

Luc Castaignos

John Guidetti

Would all be decent additions. Think Bony is the only one capable or replacing Benteke instantly though. But think that option has now passed.

I would be happy with John Guidetti he's an immense talent one to watch in my opinion.

I'd like to see us go for Wilfired Bony personally. Has looked quality any time I've seen him.

Not surprised in the slightest at Benteke handing in the transfer request and I wouldn't say Lambert is either.

I'd still get rid of Bent as he hasn't the work ethic needed to suit our current approach whereby every man has to put a serious shift in.

Let's just hope Benteke is a serious flop at his next club, which could easily happen as one good season does not make a world class player.

• Like 1

I'd like to see us go for Wilfired Bony personally. Has looked quality any time I've seen him.

Not surprised in the slightest at Benteke handing in the transfer request and I wouldn't say Lambert is either.

I'd still get rid of Bent as he hasn't the work ethic needed to suit our current approach whereby every man has to put a serious shift in.

Let's just hope Benteke is a serious flop at his next club, which could easily happen as one good season does not make a world class player.

I Agree Lambert wouldn't be surprised. I think we already have the replacement in Helenuis.

I Agree Lambert wouldn't be surprised. I think we already have the replacement in Helenuis.

What about Bent's replacment?