Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

We need a big strong centre forward who can go straight in without needing time to settle. If its Chelsea who have tapped up Benteke, they need to offer Demba Ba in any player plus cash deal.

I think one thing is clear now,  Benteke is definitely going.  The only doubt is the price he'll move for, i hope PL digs his heels in and hold out for the £25m we deserve.

The problem now is, we've built a team around Benteke and now he's buggering off, We need to replace him like for like.  I cannot believe Helenius was ever signed to be thrust into the first team as his replacement.  So who's out there who can do a good impression of Christian Benteke? 

Who do people think can supply us with goals and support play like CB did last season? Personally i think if its the Chelsea interest which has sparked his transfer request then we should ask for Lukaku in exchange.

Michy Batshuayi... play for Standard Liege, 19 years old, scored 12 in 34 last season for Standard.... Would probably cost around 4-6m...

A yes from me for for Batshuayi. Still growing in to his body. He's the most likely to be the "next Drogba" after Lukaku and Benteke. Crazy to think he's Belgian too.

Not as powerful in the air as Benteke currently is but this could come as he still develops.

Many sources believe that we will have player + cash deals for Benteke, the only one I've partially liked the smell of so far would be to have ba as part of a deal from Chelsea despite his lack of first team starts last year, still think they'd have to pay a fair amount on top to justify the transfer and meet the hopefully high asking price villa set and not the tupance that the sun quote week in week out

We'd have to act fast to hijack the move but the most logical replacement for Benteke with the style we play would be Bony. I guess it could be too late now though being as we'd have to wait until Benteke was gone first.

Finnbogason is a good shout.

• Like 1

We don't. to be honest. How often do guys like Benteke come along in PL? Not too often. Getting him was a brilliant move on our part and it kept us up. Having to do it again a second year running is close to impossible IMO. Hopefully the other young lads of the squad have developed enough for us to stay up without Benteke, because a straight replacement isn't happening. 

• Like 1

The thing that people need to remember when they start talking about Ba, Remy etc is that Benteke was on £20k per week, and Lerner will want to replace him with someone on a similar wage.

We won't be replacing him with an established star, and that leaves it up to Lambert to find another gem from the continent on a low salary. That's a big ask and I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that, in all likelyhood, Benteke's replacement will be nowhere near as good as he was.

Edited by Shillzz
  • Like 1

Chelesa will not sell Lukaku and Lukaku will not sign for us (he has already told Benteke he shouldn't be playing for such a small time club and needs to move to a Champions League side).

We might get a loan for a season but I would rather get a perminent replacement.

I think Helenius was already the Benteke replacement. I dont expect any big money or big wage replacement.

We will need a replancement for Bent then.  

If Benteke goes we will bring a new strike in and we will spend a decent amount on it.

The thing that people need to remember when they start talking about Ba, Remy etc is that Benteke was on £20k per week, and Lerner will want to replace him with someone on a similar wage.

We won't be replacing him with an established star, and that leaves it up to Lambert to find another gem from the continent on a low salary. That's a big ask and I think we have to resign ourselves to the fact that, in all likelyhood, Benteke's replacement will be nowhere near as good as he was.

This is correct. However Bentekes replacement wages wise was Helenius. Bents replacement will be new striker