The interesting stat thread

The_Rev

I see your Paolo Ferreira and raise you a Ross Turnbull -  1 Premier League, 2 FA Cups, 1 Community Shield, 1 Champions League and 1 Europa League. He's played 7 matches for Chelsea.

As per my Europa League Final post.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

Fernando Torres has now won a World Cup, European Championship (x2), Champions League, Europa League but never once won a League winners medal (unless you're counting the segunda division)

but he was a bloody good player back in the day

I must've missed that day :) Basically played for Chelsea by virtue of being Portuguese at just the right time. #weaklink

In 18 months, Diego Simeone has won as much as José Mourinho in three years 

Not sure it's really fair to equate the Europa League to the La Liga title. In my opinion, ousting Barcelona is a far greater achievement than Europe's second-tier competition. 

Not sure it's really fair to equate the Europa League to the La Liga title. In my opinion, ousting Barcelona is a far greater achievement than Europe's second-tier competition. 

winning just 1 league title with most expensive squad ever assembled isnt a great achievement

winning just 1 league title with most expensive squad ever assembled isnt a great achievement

Mourinho underachieved at Real. I agree. I'm only highlighting that success can not be measured purely numerically. Where would you draw the line? Has Steve Davis won as much in two years at Crewe as Mourinho has in three years at Madrid?

who is Big 4 though, is that Sky 4? I remember his team winning at Etihad about 2 years ago and I think they won at Highbury when Rooney scored that goal but that was a long time ago

The traditional big 4 of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool. Rooney's goal at Highbury was in a 2-1 loss. His winner in Goodison was, naturally, not away from home.

'Traditional Big 4' is a term I hoped I'd never hear again.

Now they're just 4 sides that are in the top half of the table where he never won away at

There's no "big four" anymore. There is in global business brand loyalty and revenue, but not in football league table dominance.

Not sure it's really fair to equate the Europa League to the La Liga title. In my opinion, ousting Barcelona is a far greater achievement than Europe's second-tier competition.

When you consider it was against one if the greatest sides ever it seems like a pretty good achievement after all.

Â