The interesting stat thread

The_Rev

Its irrelevant if they were playing Barcelona or Bradford. You spend that money you should be winning a majority of trophies and they didnt. a team who has a 30 million back up left back should be wiping the floor with the opposition

Its irrelevant if they were playing Barcelona or Bradford.

It really isn't.  The money Real Madrid spend does not make the Barcelona team any worse. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

who is Big 4 though, is that Sky 4? I remember his team winning at Etihad about 2 years ago and I think they won at Highbury when Rooney scored that goal but that was a long time ago

The traditional big 4 of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea & Liverpool. Rooney's goal at Highbury was in a 2-1 loss. His winner in Goodison was, naturally, not away from home.

'Traditional Big 4' is a term I hoped I'd never hear again.

Now they're just 4 sides that are in the top half of the table where he never won away at

There's no "big four" anymore. There is in global business brand loyalty and revenue, but not in football league table dominance.

Nothing traditional about Chelsea in that list! 

Number of games Crystal Palace have played in the premier league:  160

Number of goals scored by Crystal Palace in the premier league:  160

Number of points accumulated by Crystal Palace in the premier league:  160

And then they had to go and get promoted... Still I suppose they could draw every game next season 1-1...

• Like 2

Number of games Crystal Palace have played in the premier league:  160

Number of goals scored by Crystal Palace in the premier league:  160

Number of points accumulated by Crystal Palace in the premier league:  160

And then they had to go and get promoted... Still I suppose they could draw every game next season 1-1...

Now that is quite incredible

You'd reasonably expect it to be true of clubs that tend to yo-yo that their points and goals scored would be approximately equal to their games played.

Clubs with 0.9-1.1 goals and points per game

Sunderland: 456 played, 463 goals, 479 pts

Derby: 266 played, 271 goals, 274 pts

WBA: 266 played, 286 goals, 265 pts

Sheff Utd: 122 played, 128 goals, 132 pts

• Like 2

Martin Jol is the only current premiership manager to have beaten Jose Mourinho in a premier league match

Wrong. Mark Hughes was manager of Blackburn when they beat Chelsea at the end of the 05/06 season.

Grrr .... don't you hate it when the interweb gives you false info .. they even got the scorer bit wrong as Steven reid scored the winner in the game you mention

Mark Hughes – 0%

The new Stoke manager won’t look forward to meeting Chelsea this season. Hughes had seven games against Mourinho when he was in charge of Blackburn, losing six of them and drawing just the once. A memorable 0-0 in September 2007, the last league game before Mourinho jumped ship. Hughes managed just two goals against Chelsea in seven games (both scored by a certain Craig Bellamy!), conceding 15 and generally getting spanked quite easily

Edited by tonyh29

Â